Harley-Davidson

I got my Air Force One Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I got my Air Force One Today

Hey guys, i got my AF1 today I can't wait to put it on. It looks awsome. Damn is that tube heavy though. It sucks though cuz i can't put it on tonight, and i'm leaving 2morrow morning for a missionary work camp trip in KY for a week. I already can't wait to get home from the trip to install it, and i haven't even left yet. LoL

I'll let you guys know how the install went, and results when i do it, but i won't be able to put it on until the sunday after next .

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!! LoL, it will be my 1st performance mod. Took 2 years to finally get somewhere, but finallly have a little spare money to get some more bigger mods. Yippe! LoL.

Here's a pic of the parts.

I can't wait to do it (did i say that yet? LoL)
I'll talk to you guys in a week. Board will probably move a little slow without me around. LoL. I'll have alot of catching up to do. I'll like go into withdraw without being on here for a week. LoL

Talk to you guys on the 21st!

Old 07-12-2002, 08:12 PM
make sure you put those clamps on TIGHT. On my 01 5.4 motor, the filter popped off the metal tube twice from being too loose... I got wider clamps and gorilla torqued those babies on there...

Check it every day for a while as you don't want to be breathing open air.

enjoy!

Old 07-12-2002, 08:21 PM
thanks for the tip ken I'll post pics in a week when i get it on. i can't wait. loL

Old 07-12-2002, 10:24 PM
uh, duh.. take it with you? hellOOOOO? lol

Old 07-12-2002, 10:24 PM
just another question. I've never used a K&N or AF1 before so i'm not sure on this. How oily should the filter be? I've heard of people over oiling them and it messes up the MAF sensor, but should it be very oily to the touch? My filter seems a little dry when i touch it, but i'm not sure if its just cuz i can't feel it through the mesh, or cuz it has just enough oil. I wouldn't think i'd have to oil it since its new, so any imput appreciated. Thanks

*edit* LoL clonetek, i would if i was taking the truck with me but she's staying home. LoL. But i'd rather wait a week to put that on, then put 1600 some miles on my HD.

Last edited by Harley#356; 07-12-2002 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Harley#356
just another question. I've never used a K&N or AF1 before so i'm not sure on this. How oily should the filter be? I've heard of people over oiling them and it messes up the MAF sensor, but should it be very oily to the touch? My filter seems a little dry when i touch it, but i'm not sure if its just cuz i can't feel it through the mesh, or cuz it has just enough oil. I wouldn't think i'd have to oil it since its new, so any imput appreciated. Thanks

*edit* LoL clonetek, i would if i was taking the truck with me but she's staying home. LoL. But i'd rather wait a week to put that on, then put 1600 some miles on my HD.
You want just enough oil to catch the dirt... so how it comes out of the box is about right. On my Mustang GT I give mine a real quick spray and let it seap in a bit. After a few min. you shouldn't feel any to the touch.

I thought in an earlier post several weeks back you were going to take the HD.

/tg

Old 07-12-2002, 10:48 PM
Okay, thanks for the info.

as for taking the HD, yeah about 2 months ago, i thought i had to, but luckily i got out of it. We are just taking a 15 passenger van with 3 turtle top cargo carriers on top LoL. 13 people from here are going, and we are meeting up with 47 other people from north jersey in our group at virginia somewhere, then finish the drive to the work camp in KY. So from VA to KY, there will be like a caravan of 4 or 5, 15 passenger vans with 3 cargo top carriers on top of each, and probably 2 other pickups. LoL.

I'll post pics and feedback on the AF1 when i get back. Thanks for all the help.

Trending Topics

Old 07-13-2002, 01:31 AM
Looks sweet. How does it compare to all the other systems on the market? I would say it's #1 in looks, what about price, and performance? Where did you get it from? Does anyone have a pic of it installed on an 02 HD? Give me a minute, and I will think of another question...

Old 07-13-2002, 08:44 AM
i got mine from truckperformance.com, but since the 02 AF1's look different (no chrome) i think you can get it cheaper from Mike Troyer.

ANyway, its the best intake out there IMO compared to K&N and airaid, because on the ends of those, the filter is closed, on the AF1, there is a filter element on that side too. So more power.
But somepeople do the air box mod and ram air and get more power than this. I like the cool factor of this though.

good luck, let us know how it goes with getting a HD.

later

Old 07-14-2002, 11:03 AM
Wash the rubber adapter part of the Cone Filter....its slippery when it comes out of the box and that contributes to the filter poppin off at random times (happened to me too). A lil soap and water and it holds much better to the maf.

Old 07-14-2002, 04:59 PM
yeah, it's oily at first...

Quick Reply: I got my Air Force One Today