Harley-Davidson

Stacker 8 Milage

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Stacker 8 Milage

Okay, I've been on vacation and have not had an opportunity to comment on anything. Good to be here even if only for this post.

I drove 2,250 miles the last 7 days from San Jose, CA to Vancouver, BC and back down the coast. Major props to the city of Portand for winning nicest city I've never seen award, Seattle Space Needle for greatest man made structure to view a city, and Souther Oregon and Northern California for the most beautiful natural scenery.

Okay, for the first time ever, I got more than 400 miles on a tank full. This is mixed driving, city and highway with the tail gate up at all times.

Mileage improved from 13.0 avg to 17.0 avg. In previous posts I addressed the power with the Stacer 8, it is still there. The purpose of this post is to address what it does for mileage in MY truck. PROPS to Ford for the most comfortable seats! And to the Sharper Image, the fridge came in real handy.

Here is the MATH:
$39.98 to fill the tank with 25 gallons at $1.599/gal.

At 13 MPG this would last me 325 miles or give me a per mile cost of $0.12.

At 17 MPG this lasts me 425 miles or gives me a per mile cost of $0.09.

$300.00 paid for module divided by saving of $0.03 per mile means that this module will pay for itself in 10,366 miles or sooner with higher gas prices.

Power alone is worth it but the gas mileage is nice too!

On a side note, I saw a Blackwood with a front center console that had an LCD for the GPS. Anyone seen this? Can we get this for the 01's and 00's?

Old 07-10-2002, 08:51 AM
Great info!
Been thinking of this mod for my 02 Supercharged.
I can't even dream of 300 miles on a tank, let alone 400.
But then, I was ruined by my Powerstroke Excursion with a 44 gallon tank & 20 MPG. Cruising range over 700 miles!
If the Stacker works that well on a 5.4, it should be equally impressive on Supercharged.
Thanks for the Info!
HTR

Old 07-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Stacker 8

What exactly does it do and how does it work?

Old 07-11-2002, 01:57 PM
The easiest way to explain what the unit does is this:

It reads how the spark is burning your fuel and extends it as needed for more complete fuel burning.

The more complete fuel burning allows for more power thus; if you go easy on the gas, you can increase mileage.

Old 07-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Is there a web site where I can get more info. Sounds like something I could be very interested in.

Thanx in advance.

Larry

Old 07-11-2002, 03:03 PM
I had planned on getting this for my 00.

Who did you find had the best price on it? I recall people saying the Part# was discontinued or being changed or something like that.

Old 07-12-2002, 01:14 PM
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/ignition.htm

Here is a good write up for it. The best price I found wazsfrom Summit Racing. This came pretty close, everything else was a rip-off.

Check the MSD website also to get more info.

http://www.msdignition.com/

Installation is pretty easy so if anyone buys this let me know, I can send instructions that are better than those provided by MSD.

Trending Topics

Old 07-12-2002, 11:33 PM
Im with rob on this one.

Ive gotten excellant mileage w/ mine also. Except (Keep your eye out for this rob) one of the outputs on the MSD stopped working and I didnt know it till I was installing a BBk throttle Body and Guarnatelli Mass Air sensor this weekend.
One of the indicator lights wasnt working. I did some swapping around of wires and it still didnt work. I cant get it swapped out from summit and MSD said it would take at least 3wks to get to it and then another 2wks to fix it. This is the reason why you cant buy it from anywhere. MSD has stopped all shipments of it because they are completly redesigning it. They said that they should have the new ones out in sept. Crane Cams is also coming out with one and a Company called Ignition Solutions is making coil pack upgrades and ignition box upgrades. They are currently available from tere website. I removed the MSD because I wasnt sure If the one cylinder not firing as much as the others was not a good thing. MSD tech. said that it shouldnt cause any damages if I kept it in there. I didnt want to take any chances. So I guess Ive got to wait awhile for a replacement. That SUCKS...

Old 07-13-2002, 01:01 AM
Have you noticed significant changes in performance?

Old 07-13-2002, 02:02 AM
I highly recommend. I think I convinced rob to get one and look at his results. Id just wait till the new one comes out in sept. They stoped suppling retailers for a reason. Dont take your chances buying one now if its only gonna be better in 2 months. But yeah, Performance wise, It rocks. Much better top end and no lag when you get up in higher rpms like with stock. Well worth the money. Rob did the math. +/- 10000 miles pays for itself.

Quick Reply: Stacker 8 Milage