Old 04-17-2001, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pinstripe?

What do yall think about removing the red pinstripe? Just wonderin

Old 04-17-2001, 07:03 PM
Cool

My pinstripe is orange.

Don't do it, in my opinion. The truck can be jazzed up and ruined if you start making mods like that. Keep the basics as they came from the factory if you ever want a decent price someday when you get ready to sell. If you do mods, do ones that don't change the basic character of the truck.

------------------
2000 F150 Harley-Davidson: Superchip, K&N FIPK
Hard Tonneau, Hidden Hitch, 2-Meter Rig (KG0UK)
'99 FLHRCI, '95 XLH

Old 04-17-2001, 07:12 PM
Hey Harleyguy,
I noticed you have the K&N FIPK and the Superchip. How much difference is there with both of these mods? And about the stripe, my bad it is orange and I know there is a big difference especially when you are talkin about a "Harley"! I probably won't remove it I was just wonderin what everyone thought and I agree with what you said on the value of the truck. Thanks

Old 04-17-2001, 08:05 PM
Cool

The Superchip is really a great addition. It gives appx. 26 horsepower and much firmer shifts. It is the best of all the mods for me. The K&N FIPK (or any other brand FIPK, for that matter) is second best with a 14 hp gain and a cool roar when you step on it. With these two mods, you will go past 300 HP total, gain a kick in the rear when the truck shifts and the sound is awesome.

Get 'em. Don't even think on it. These are the best overall two best mods you can do for the $$$.

Old 04-17-2001, 08:09 PM
Cool

I forgot to mention that both of the above additions are easy to do. You don't have to be an experienced mechanic to do them yourself and, in fact, bet you'll find you enjoy the truck even more if you install the equipment on your own. I recommend that you do them on your own.

That being said, it won't cost too much to have someone else do the mods either, since they are pretty easy to accomplish.

[This message has been edited by HarleyGuy (edited 04-17-2001).]

Old 04-17-2001, 08:25 PM
Talking

SWEEEET, that is what I was wanting to hear!!! My only problem on the chip is that I drive my Harley every where I go, to school, etc. Although there is the Flip Chip which is probably what I will go with even though it is a little more. I'm 18 and I'm about to start working my butt off for my dad at our sawmill, where I will be making money to make the $482 payments. I did have a 66 mustang that we restored but it gave us hek and when I decided I wanted a truck we saw the 2000 Harley was marked down $8000 off sticker so we couldn't resist. All my money will be going to the truck pretty much but I figure with a B-day and graduation coming up I can get a few mods. My two ideas for power mods were the FIPK and the Chip since they are both fairly cheap for the HP they give and after you're advice I'm ready to start ordering!!! Thanks again

Old 04-17-2001, 08:36 PM
dont forget that with a vhip you have to pay for premium. and with gas prices going up like they are and expected to rise to record highs this summer i dont know if that is a good idea if you are on a budget. about the pinstripe. the only reason i would remove it is to get a better painted one. i think it accents the truck nicely. but if you did want to remove it it would be easy to get a new one when you sell. just a thought

-steve

------------------
2000 F-150 Harley Davidson Edition
Mods-
-Foglight Mod
-python 3000 alarm
-pics

Old 04-17-2001, 09:11 PM
2000F150HD is right, of course. You will have to run premium if you don't get the Flip Chip. But, even without the Flip, unless you really rack on mileage, it won't cost all that much to gain the extra performance. I wouldn't let the extra cost of premium stop me for the extra firm shifts, top speed limiter removed, 26 extra HP, and higher RPM before shifting. Well worth it. Next time you pull up to a Chevie and he revs up, you can have some fun, too.

Let's say you drive 15,000 miles a year and you only get 15 mpg, (I'm getting 18 mpg) then the extra cost for the premium is $200 per year (figuring .20 per gal. over regular). That's only about .54 a day. The cost of a soda per day to have 26 HP and much better shifting? Go for it!

------------------
2000 F150 Harley-Davidson: Superchip, K&N FIPK
Hard Tonneau, Hidden Hitch, 2-Meter Rig (KG0UK)
'99 FLHRCI, '95 XLH

Old 04-17-2001, 09:17 PM
Hey HarleyGuy I only have one more problem with that! My dad has a trucking company and we have a tank at our shop that holds 87 octane, which is free in my case. But I'm trying to talk my parents into getting me a gas card before I go to college and then I can fill up with premium and maybe I can make a deal to pay the extra cost of the premium gas! Kinda sux being under parental guidance when you want major HP but hey I'm living for free and the only thing I'm payin for is the Harley so hey....go figure!!!

Old 04-17-2001, 09:30 PM
Wow! Well, you've got a great deal there, Harleyboy. I can see why you'd certainly want a Flip chip then. You can run the regular all you want and flip it over if you want to have some fun. Don't give up the freebies from your Dad! Can't beat the deal you have.

Of course, if you're outta town and your dad gives you a gas card, or cash or whatever, premium isn't all that much more if you have to buy the regular anyhow and you might as well kick in with the extra HP on those times.

I'm sitting here wondering how come I never had those good deals when I was 18! In the meantime, enjoy it and sounds like you have it pretty well figured out.

Old 04-17-2001, 09:45 PM
Hey HarleyGuy I know I got it good, but it's just hard to not want more HP when your best friend has a brand new 2001 GMC reg cab sportside, with the 5.3 liter in it and several mods. Right now he has a K&N Air filter, Poweraid T/B spacer, JET Speed control unit, which mainly just gives firmer shifts and gets rid of the top speed limiter. With that and his light truck compared to my ext cab stock truck, he beats me everytime, and I want some revenge!!! Oh yeah he also ALWAYS runs premium gas and sometimes uses NOS octane booster whenever he knows he's gonna be racing. Oh well maybe after a little time, effort, and money on my truck I will be able to hang with him. Cuz it just hurts to get beat if ya know what I mean, especially by your best friend that always rags you about it and tells you how sorry of motor it is. He just doesn't understand that he better watch out! And it's not just that but the fact that I want HP whenever I stomp on it!!! Maybe you understand!

Old 04-17-2001, 10:50 PM
I forgot to mention he has his exhaust cut off up under the cab with a 40 series single in/dual out flowmaster. And it's LOUD, and sounds Really good!!!

Old 04-24-2001, 06:09 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HarleyGuy:
The Superchip is really a great addition. It gives appx. 26 horsepower and much firmer shifts. It is the best of all the mods for me. The K&N FIPK (or any other brand FIPK, for that matter) is second best with a 14 hp gain and a cool roar when you step on it. With these two mods, you will go past 300 HP total, gain a kick in the rear when the truck shifts and the sound is awesome.

Get 'em. Don't even think on it. These are the best overall two best mods you can do for the $$$.
</font>
hi harley guy
sorry to trounle you but my garage in the uk does not understand what a k&n fipk is, and also tell me that it is not correct that you can put a super chip on. please do me a favour can you give me some more info ie: how much , contact in states to buy from etc , etc and i will allways be in your debt

regards

brian

Old 04-24-2001, 08:03 AM
Brian,

You can purchase the superchip and the K&N FIPK right here on this site from the on-line store. There prices are usually the least expensive.

------------------
HD F150
2000 FLHTCUI
1970 OLDS Cutlass W 31
2000 Lincoln LS

Old 04-24-2001, 10:20 AM
Cool

Hey Brian,

Head over to the Computer Chip area of the forum here and read through some of the messages on the Superchip. Also, take note of Mike's (the fella who sells the chip) phone number and email address. He can answer all your questions on it and he is a super nice guy.

As Harleyrules says above, the FIPK can be bought right here on this site, as well.

Quick Reply: Pinstripe?