Harley-Davidson

2001 HD Bra??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2001 HD Bra??

Anyone find one that will fit their truck yet. I've called lots of places, no go. My truck will be here this week and I'm looking for one before Love Bug season hits down here. How similar are our trucks to the Lightnings. Do they have a source for bra's, will they fit?

------------------
- Soon to be 2001 F150 Harley Davidson Special
- 1993 Mazda Miata, wifes car
- 1994 Harley Davidson Heritage
- 1976 Honda CB750K, Original
- 1965 Honda 305 Dream, Original
- 1971 Triumph Trophy 650, Original
- 1971 Norton Commando
- 1970 Honda Trail 90, Original
- Yamaha 500 Short Tracker, racing #69
- 1984 Yamaha Virago 1000, wifes bike
- 1981 Honda Passport 70, wifes bike

Old 04-16-2001, 04:42 PM
Thumbs down

I have seen bras do more harm than good. Between the vibration against the paint and debris that will work down under it,ther will be more damage to the paint than if you go without.

Old 04-16-2001, 08:35 PM
I read on the Toyota Tundra website (sorry, believe me, I was just researching what other major manufaturers are having problem-wise in comparison to Ford), and somebody was talking about a transparent film that you apply, in the same way that a bra works, to keep the little buggers off the paint. Don't know if I'd trust this though, I would think this wouldn't allow the paint to "breathe."

And no, unfortunately the Lightning's valences differ enough that their bra's don't fit on the HD trucks. (Ha HA, my Valence is bigger thahn yours ).

Mike

------------------
Stay Out Of My Taildust

2000 Black Harley Davidson F-150
5.4 Liter v-8
K&N Air filter
20" Polished Aluminum Wheels
275/45/20 Goodyear GSII's
Billet Front Grille
Front Valence W/ driving lights and Billet Insert
3.55 LS Rear End
Leather Interior
6 Disk CD Changer
Sliding Rear Window
Heated Seats
Hidden Hitch
Orange Pinstriping
Lund Front Blackouts
GTE Rear Blackouts
Lowered 1" Front & Rear
Block heater
McGard Wheel Locks

Old 04-17-2001, 05:28 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lrutt:
Anyone find one that will fit their truck yet. I've called lots of places, no go. My truck will be here this week and I'm looking for one before Love Bug season hits down here. How similar are our trucks to the Lightnings. Do they have a source for bra's, will they fit?

</font>

Old 04-17-2001, 05:37 PM
No one makes the full face bra for either the 2000 or 2001 HD trucks. Colgan bras are taking request and if there is enough interest they will make it. I call there on a regular basis to check up and their reply is maybe. You can call and ask for Mark at 1-800-223-4303 and tell that guy to start making it already. Bras can harm your paint if you don't maintain them. They must be wiped down and cleaned thoroughly before every car wash and make sure there is no dirt in between the linings. But they do offer good protection not only from bugs but also from flying rocks that could chip the bumper, grille and hood. The clear film that somebody was talking about is safe, it is made by 3M and guaranteed for 5 years not to discolor. I have it on my wifes car and it really saves the nose from chips and dings. They come precut to your vehicle. good luck.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lrutt:

</font>

Quick Reply: 2001 HD Bra??