Harley-Davidson

Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2000, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Biketoberfest

Just got back from Biketoberfest. It was a blast. I saw about 10 different HD F-150s. One even had a matching trailer to haul the Hog. Daytona Beach is a great biker town. My truck is only an XLT and I don't have a Hog. I followed my buddies that have a Honda Valkyrie and a Road King. If it weren't for my wife killing me for it, I would be down buying a HD F-150 and a new Fat Boy right now. I was wondering if any HD owners from this board made the trip? It was a blast!

Old 10-23-2000, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I was there with my Harley. Man, don't you know that you just go buy the stuff and beg for forgiveness, not ask for her permission!
There were too many people there in a four block area. You couldn't breath. This was our third year and it gets bigger every year.
Did you see the F150 HD with the checkerboard paint starting behind front wheel and going all over the back. It looked pretty good but I would never do that to one. I met Micheal R. Smith, lead engineer for the F150 HD and he said that they are already working on the 2004 version. He would not divulge any info other than to say that my concerns over paint, HP, lack of 4x4 version, and the Tonnuea(sp) have all been addressed and worked out in the future trucks. You might want to hold out and see if the Lightning motor gets put into the HD version. I have his email address at Ford and anyone with the truck whom wants to provide him some insight, he said he would be happy to listen. I will do a write up over on Fordharley.com later tonight for everyone to read.

------------------
2000 Lariat 4x4 Supercab
Black Clearcoat
Flowmaster 50 series SUV using original tailpipe
K&N Filter
CamLocker Aluminum Toolbox
Tinted Windows
Vent Visors

A.R.E. 'Z' series bed cap

1999 HD Softtail Custom
Cobalt Blue
Lowered and Chromed to max.

1995 Long Haired Chihuahua (Best security system on the market)

Check it out at:
http://www.harleyrider.webprovider.com/index.htm

Old 10-27-2000, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Missed the Ford guys. When I got to Daytona they were breaking the display down. Stayed in Orlando with the kids over the weekend. Would have liked to talk to the Ford guys. Maybe in Febuary during Bikeweek.