Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ford And Harley-Davidson Unveil Newest Limited Edition Truck

https://www.f150online.com/fordnews/59.html

Photos coming shortly...

Steve

Old 08-08-2000, 02:25 PM
I have only one question: Why? Why a H-D SuperCrew? For Harley-loving soccer moms and dads? Why would H-D agree to this? Why not a SuperCab Lightning, if Ford was looking to extend its range?

Oops! That's five questions.

------------------
Black 2000 SC short-box XLT. 4.2V-6, 5-speed, 3.55 limited-slip. CD, remote entry, factory side steps, FORD box liner.

My third F-series: '73 F-100 Custom 240-cube 3-speed, '98 F-150 XL-SC 4.2 5-speed, and '00 F-150 XLT-SC 4.2 5-speed. GREAT trucks!

[This message has been edited by Shifter (edited 08-08-2000).]

Old 08-08-2000, 06:09 PM
I like the super crew Harley truck.....very nice....DAVE

Old 08-09-2000, 01:33 PM
Thumbs up

Hey "Shifter"

Now "You" are right on!!!!! I couldn't have said it better....By the way, my Harley has a soccer vanity plate.....Son plays College (Div I) soccer. Took the plate off the C5 Vette I sold to get the Harley. He did cry some initially over the Vette but now loves the Harley... Wants to profile in it way to much....hehehe. Looking at the Magnuson Supercharger right now....over the Powerdyne. I also would like to drop it at least one (1) more inch = 2" front and a couple in back = 3 or 4"'s. Any thoughts on best product(s), i.e., Western, Bell Tech., etc.? I am looking at JBA Headers also. Going from 3.55's to 3.73 rear gears would creat problems for the OD & Speed-O since I have installed a Superchip. I will have to look at that performance option later.

Take Care,
2000 Harley-Davidson
Black Velvet it is.....

Old 08-09-2000, 02:58 PM
F150online
Founder
I really like the look of the Harley SuperCrew. Since I don't really use my truck for what it was built for, style is key. I'm not sure about the political correctness of someone that rides a Honda VFR800 driving such an "American Icon" of a truck...imagine riding around with the bike in tow? Blashpemy!

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited 08-09-2000).]

Old 08-10-2000, 11:12 AM
JDm
Thumbs up

I think it looks really cool.

whats next a 4x4 lightning or a 4x4 reg cab Harley?

Old 08-10-2000, 11:21 AM
I really like the look of this SuperCrew as well. It's too bad there are no power adder options straight from Ford..

------------------
2001 Red Lightning ordered 7/17/00
And now the waiting game begins....

Old 08-10-2000, 01:48 PM
Smile

Hey, the "supercrew" Harley looks good. Thanks for posting the pic. Oh, ford says they will supply tonneau covers by Leer...free to HD owner...coming this fall. Just got the letter yesterday. The design will be similar to the original cover that they have dropped production of.

Black Velvet it is.....

Old 08-10-2000, 06:39 PM
Really Old "Member"
I for one am really crushed and not a little pissed off.

I own an early Gen II Lightning, have listened to all the requests for a SuperCab Lightning (which I support 100%) and actually drove a SuperCrew top of the line version last week with the far fetched idea of switching from the Lightning to the SuperCrew, which I think is light years better than even the SuperCab.

Now, in the course of less than a year, I have had to watch the launch of the Harley F150 SuperCab and it's stablemate the Harley F150 SuperCrew.

Some of you may remember that I purchased one of those Lightning crate motors last year and I am beginning to have some devious thoughts. I would be willing to bet I could find an enterprising Ford dealer (not mine!!) that would swap the motor out of a Harley SuperCrew for credit against the labor and pop in my crate motor and I should have enough money left over to take care of the trannie mods necessary plus a few other nice mods. Since I saved the complete exhaust system from my '99 when I switched to a Bassani system, I could also maybe manage to work that in the trade and move the Bassani system to the HD SuperCrew.

I would appreciate any comments/suggestions from fellow board participants.

Bill

------------------
99.5 Lightning
Build #247
PSP Chip/Filter
Bassani full system
White/normal options
Tamiya 1/10 scale Bolt
Several old trucks/cars
Thunder & Lightning
Rag Doll Cats
E-mail MOSTOYSINC@AOL.com
Kennesaw, Ga. (Atlanta)

Old 08-10-2000, 09:40 PM
Wink

Sharp!! But I would not swap even for my 2000 Harley-Davidson F-150....... MUCH SHARPER!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Ford And Harley-Davidson Unveil Newest Limited Edition Truck