Florida Members check in here for Orlando Rally!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-1999, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Florida Members check in here for Orlando Rally!

In anticipation of an Orlando meet in early November, I'd like to get a feel for how many people are interested. I'm thinking of either the 6th or 7th. Maybe a one day meet to start or both days if there's enough interest. I'll be looking for input as to what everyone wants to do. I also work at Universal Studios, so we could possibly go there during the day and then maybe to the Bithlo race track for the drag races. Just some ideas, so let me know.

------------------
Todd, Orlando FL.
93 F-150 4x2, 4.9L, E-4OD, 3.08 rearend, 31x10.5 BFG A/T's, Skyjacker Softride Hydro Shocks,K&N Airfilter, Jacobs Electronics Plug Wires/Rotor/Cap. (Next mod: Flowmaster catback exhaust!)

Old 09-23-1999, 08:19 PM
I'm up for an event in Orlando. Keep us posted Todd.

Steve http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Mesa/9131
Gainesville, FL

Old 09-24-1999, 12:53 AM
Todd,
I think that would be great! Im doing a lot of traveling (Job Related) butt if im in town??? Count me in! It would be great to meet all the Ford family (Semi Fanatics) in Central FL.
Let me know if its a go?
Thanks

------------------
John Rock
99.5 White Lightning
Melbourne,FL

Old 09-24-1999, 12:57 AM
Sounds good, Todd. I live close to Universal so that part appeals to me too. (Maybe they could add a "Lightning" ride?)

While we're on the subject, how would Universal feel about hosting a car/truck/motorcycle show? It could be staged around that 50's cafe where you already have a couple of old hot rods on display. Would be a great people pleaser, cost next to nothing, and would give those Old Town folks some competition.

Just a thought.

Mike Philpott
Orlando, FL
'99.5 Black Lightning

Old 09-24-1999, 01:59 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Todd,

Excellent idea! I will set up a meeting for all of us to go over to Superchips, if you and/or others have any interest in doing that, since they are right there in Longwood, and we can all go see the facility. I think that's something that F150online participants would enjoy, and it's been requested in the past, so I already have Superchips committment on this, thru Mike Short, the General Manager.

So as this thing progresses, Todd, please feel free to keep in touch with me, via phone or email, so I can schedule the right dates, if it will work for everyone, and of course assuming you have any interest in doing something like this. Now of course, Superchips is closed on weekends, so for this to work we'd have to be there during the week. I haven't checked my calendar to see what days your proposed dates fall on, but just keep that in the back of your mind, if everyone is interested.

I have arranged a complete tour of the facilities, etc., so all we need are firm dates!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 09-24-1999, 07:52 PM
Cool

Todd,
Sounds doable. From the posts you might have to call it a lighning rally if we don't get the other
150's off their butts! Maybe we can do a truck swap, I'd like to try a white lighning. Hey seacrow
you up for this?

------------------
'99 WHITE F150 XLT FlareSide SC 4.2 Auto 3.55, Superchip,
Black Westin Nerfs, White Prime Design BugShield,
White Vtech Taillight Covers, White Vtech Sidewinders,
'99 White Styleside Body Side Molding, K&N Air Filter
LOTTA SHOW and SOME GO
My am E, Fl *** Member of ??? Ford Group

Old 09-24-1999, 09:48 PM
I thought I had posted to this one already but I guess I screwed up and forgot to click submit. Yeah, count me in barring no catastrophies. I chatted with Todd and smill the other night so count me in.

Old 09-26-1999, 08:47 PM
Todd count me in on the rally and I am especially interested in Mike Troyer's great offer. If the tour of the Super Chip factory doesn't work out for everyone then I will try to do it before the Rally. It would be great to finally meet some of you
Guys & Gals! Your dates sound good to me but I can be very flexable if I know enough in advance.

------------------
98 STX,Ground Force 2-4 drop,Astro lid, Bed Rug,Cobra Stripes,JBA's, Magna Flow Duals, Super Chip, K&N, 4.6 Triton

Old 09-26-1999, 09:31 PM
Sounds good to me too. I'm in Daytona, post something else when you get some specifics.

------------------
Big Blue -- 98' F-150 SC ORP, Deep Wedgewood Blue, 5.4L, short bed, billet grille, vent shades, duraliner, GTO headlight covers, more to come!

Old 09-30-1999, 01:17 PM
Former Sponsor
OK, the 6th & 7th of November is of course the first Saturday and Sunday of November, and that looks fine. The only hitch is that for the tour of Superchips, we would need to do that on Friday, the 5th. So what I need to know is, is Friday November 5th do-able for anyone/everyone? Superchips is not open on weekends, so that is what I'm dealing with.

Todd, if you and the others could give me some feedback on whether anyone can make it on that Friday, it would help me to know whether or not to make it "official".

Our bests to all,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 09-30-1999, 09:21 PM
Todd & Mike,
The 5th is fine for me and I am trying to bring some local F150's with me from Tampa. How about the 5th and 6th for dates? Like maybe a tour on the afternoon of the 5th for those that can leave work around noon.
Thanks for your efforts!

------------------
98 White 4.6 Triton STX, Flairside,Class III hitch, Blue Cobra Stripes, Euro Lid by Astro, Bed Rug, Fiero Wing, Air Dam, Ground Force 2-4 Drop, Super Chip, K&N, Jet coated JBA stainless headers, Magna Flow Muffler with Stainless Duals.

Old 10-03-1999, 11:57 AM
Thumbs up

Mike T,

If you could arange to get a tour set up for Friday the 5th at about 3-4 in the afternoon that would be great. I personally have to work on Fridays until 3:30, but for the people that would like to come out on Friday, it would be great. If we need to get an accurate number of people going or something, maybe we could start a new topic for a Superchips tour.

For everyone who's interested in coming to the meet, if you have any ideas as to what to do, go ahead and let me know. I do know that they have some drag races out by Bithlo on Friday and Saturday nights. I havn't been to Old Town to see if all the classic cars are still meeting or not. I havn't really got any ideas other than to get us together so we can all meet.

As I've posted before, I work at Universal Studios and the month of October is very busy for me with our Halloween Horror nights events going on all month. So I won't be on the boards all that much this month. If you need me, here's my e-mail. www.derhossmeister@hotmail.com

------------------
Todd, Orlando FL.
93 F-150 4x2, 4.9L, E-4OD, 3.08 rearend, 31x10.5 BFG A/T's, Skyjacker Softride Hydro Shocks,K&N Airfilter, Jacobs Electronics Plug Wires/Rotor/Cap. (Next mod: Flowmaster catback exhaust!)

Old 10-04-1999, 05:26 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear Todd & others,

OK. Friday afternoons is about the worst possible time to ask Superchips for a tour, as everyone there is in a mad rush to get all the weeks outstanding orders out the door before the weekend. And, from 3-5 in the afternoon is the *worst* time possible, as those are the last 2 hours of business for each week. All that having been said, I will check with Superchips to get clearance for Friday the 5th, and get back to everyone. They'll probably go for it if I tell them that I will be there to conduct things. I'll let everyone know ASAP.

Bests,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 10-15-1999, 03:10 PM
Former Sponsor
Since only one person responded that they could make a Friday afternoon tour of Superchips, with no other respondants, I have not set this up, as it involves us traveling to Florida, and it would need to involve more participants for us to do that.

If at any time in the future we can get a number of people together, then I will be happy to set this up for everyone.

There haven't been any posts to this thread at all since 10/4, so it seems that interest level isn't there right now, for this point in time. That's fine, we can always do this in the future. We had also set up a chip shootout to be done months ago, and had Superchips approval and everything ready, but we never could get any communication from the party who requested that I set it up, so that too, has not been done.

We can make some great events happen, but we do have to have people interested in it to make it happen, as it involves a lot of schedule juggling, etc., to get a manufacturer to do these types of things for us. So if there is ever any real interest in this in the future, I will be happy to arrange just about anything within reason at Superchips.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 10-20-1999, 08:03 PM
Cool

Is it still happening in Orlando on the 5th 6th or 7th? I have the time off so let me know.

------------------
98 White 4.6 Triton STX, Flairside,Class III hitch, Blue Cobra Stripes, Euro Lid by Astro, Bed Rug, Fiero Wing, Air Dam, Ground Force 2-4 Drop, Super Chip, K&N, Jet coated JBA stainless headers, Magna Flow Muffler with Stainless Duals.

Quick Reply: Florida Members check in here for Orlando Rally!