Oh, btw, I got a new job!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Oh, btw, I got a new job!

I am now working in Morristown, Tennessee at the Foamex #3 Molding Plant. I like the job, it pays pretty good, too, and I have been so long without work that I thought it was a good thing that I finally found something. I had to go two hours from home to find it, but hey, it's better than nothing! Being broke sucked! I have only seen about 5 F-150s around there, but about three of them are Lightnings.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:24 PM
Congratulations. I'm sure your stress level will drop and you'll start enjoying things again.

When you say 2 hours, are you saying you have to commute for 2 hours one way?

Old 11-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Dennis, I never really had the stress, though, I tend to just stay really layed back and not worry about anything ever. I would have to commute two hours one way, but fortunately my Father lives about 10 miles from the plant, so I stay with him and my step-mother during the week while I am working, and then back to Virginia on the weekends. That would almost cost more in gas than I would make if I had to drive 4 hours a day, but I have drove over one hour one way to work before. My last job was about 65 miles from home, and it took right at an hour to get there one way, and that really sucked, so I am glad this one is closer.

Old 11-06-2002, 04:43 PM
Thumbs up Congrats.

Being unemployed isn't any fun. Good luck!

Old 11-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Lucky for you that your parents live near by and are willing to put up with you again. Just joking.

I guess you can start putting your dreams of mods into action now, huh?

My cousin's wife is a retired Deputy Sheriff in L.A. county. She had to commute close to 100 miles one way every day for about 3 years until she had enough seniority to tranfer to a courthouse that was closer to where they lived. My cousin, who did all their oil changes, had to take a 30 gallon barrel full of oil to the recycler's several times a year.

Old 11-06-2002, 05:27 PM
That's good to hear Pickup Man. Good jobs are hard to come by. Well, they are for me anyways. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Oh, btw, I got a new job!