A Form of the Dr Paul engine in Fords future

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 12:41 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
A Form of the Dr Paul engine in Fords future

If you've been here any time and have a memory, you've seen me post a vid about the Dr Paul single cylinder engine that's the size of a suitcase that has 2 pistons in the same cylinder making 900HP and will run on virtually anything liquid that burns. Compression ratio: 1000/1. On pump gas, it is a 100% clean air engine meaning you can run it in your living room and the exhaust gases will not hurt you. Key to that is the after cooler on the exhaust that cools the gases before they have time to form into gases that will kill you. But to get to the meat of this you need to watch the attached vid. A version of the Dr Paul engine is being considered for a future power plant in the F150. It has 3 cylinders, six pistons and makes 270HP and 480 ft lbs of torque. The engine displaces 2.7 liters and per model shown, no valves as such and appears to be a 2 cycle engine. Assuming CGI technology this engine should be considerably lighter than any current engine available. Efficiency is supposed to be 50% more than currently available. FWIW, engines like these are already in use in military applications. Volkswagen has mules running in Europe with their version that has been reported to be returning fuel mileage over 60 mpg in a full size sedan and is a clean air engine.
Take a look at the future:

Old 07-05-2019, 01:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I'd like to get one and take it apart... to see what witchcraft is inside of it...

Old 07-05-2019, 09:37 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
The video link doesn't work for me.
When gasoline burns the carbon combines with oxygen to form carbon dioxide and the hydrogen combines with oxygen to form water. So, are you saying that there is no carbon dioxide coming from the exhaust of this engine? I don't think so. Perhaps there is no carbon monoxide or nitric oxide or other undesirable gases.

Quick Reply: A Form of the Dr Paul engine in Fords future