Didn’t Sleep A Wink Last Night.....:(

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 12:22 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Labnerd
Yer being FAR too nice. The battery location reminds me of 2 drunks. One says "I can put a battery in a car where nobody can find it ". His name is GM. GM managed to hide the thing under the intake filter box which had to come out of the car using tools in order to access it. Best of luck with that on the side of the road. Then the other moron named Ford said, "No, I can beat that". So they used an Escape to hide the battery in the engine compartment under the dash. In either case, no intelligence was ever considered or used in the application of location. I would say this also reminds me of the bloated pigs we're driving called pickup trucks. They're all but worthless since you have to be 8ft tall in order to reach anything in the bed. I carry a rake in my truck bed just to reach small items and I'm 6'4".
I want to say my folks had a Buick LeSabre where the battery was under the back seat.....???

Old 05-26-2019, 10:05 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Mercedes ML/GL fullsize SUV is under the passenger seat
Porsche Panamera/Cayenne is under drivers seat
New Volvo XC90 is in the back wall behind the interior 1/4 panel
Chrysler 200 is behind the front bumper, have to lift car and take LF wheel off to change it

Old 05-26-2019, 12:19 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Yeah, a girlfriends Rolls Royce has the battery in the trunk under the floor mat. Better yet, there's an off/on switch under the passenger seat just in case you need to leave the car sit for several weeks/months. It turns off all of the juice going into the car. Some of the Monte Carlos were under the air filter box. My 34 coupe had it in the trunk and our Jeep had it under the passenger seat. My brothers 1936 International pickup has it under the driver seat. Lots of locations and some are just stupid at best, like the ones listed above. All of the car makers want to brag how well their cars and trucks are designed but then they do something an elementary school kid wouldn't do and that's put an item that will need servicing in a location that requires a toolchest to just get to it. They harpoon some of these batteries into cars apparently thinking they last forever and cleaning the crappy cables are not needed. I generally consider cleaning battery terminals as part of an oil change. Obviously that won't happen with the wifes Escape. Fortunately the F150 has the battery right up front. Mine gets changed about every 2 years. I keep a reasonably new battery in the truck and cycle them down into the other vehicles I own. The Bronco is the one with the oldest battery and it's now 12 years old. A Walmart Maxx battery, FWIW. Everything I have either accepts or has been modified to take a Series 65 battery so there's no issue with the cycling of batteries. Even the wifes old Focus I modded the battery tray to take a Series 65. Her's was second on the cycling.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:37 PM
Here’s a picture of the new ride as I was finishing up it’s initial exterior detail over the weekend:

Old 05-28-2019, 11:53 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
20s? Glad they finally upsized factory wheels on the Escapes

Old 05-29-2019, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Patman
20s? Glad they finally upsized factory wheels on the Escapes
235/45/19’s actually - that’s the upgraded rim and tire combination that comes with the “exterior appearance package”. They look nice, but I’m wondering if 19’s are going to be a pain when it comes time to replacement since they’re somewhat of an oddball size....???

Last edited by ddellwo; 05-29-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:45 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Discount Tire lists 27 tires in that size including winter tires, starting at $126 each. They are all name brands, that's why they aren't cheap. The $126 tire is a Kumho.

Old 05-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
You have the same Continental Tires the wife has on her Escape Titanium. She says they are iffy in light rain. I wasn't real keen on the 19" wheels and tires but it's what hers came with. The wifes Escape is that tricky tri-white. They tell me never get any body work done on the car as there are few people that know how to match the paint. But if you take the time to really look at the car, there's a tremendous amount of content for the dollar. Only thing I didn't really like about it was I expected the car to be far more quiet. When you buy the top of the line and it's a noisy ride doesn't make any sense these days. The Lincoln version of the car is FAR more quiet and was the car I was wanting her to test drive. My 2014 STX is far more quiet and frankly, rides a lot better. But for what I call a "budget" car, it's got a lot of bling.

Old 05-30-2019, 05:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dude you got your wife, mother of your child, a new , safe , reliable vehicle, your should feel great about that. Just remember that to her it is just a car to used and driven.

I have a guy that works for me that his grandparents where in a bad wreck driving a mid 90's Buick, No air bags and they are mess used, several broken bones. Each year the cars get safer and safer.

Quick Reply: Didn’t Sleep A Wink Last Night.....:(