Avoid purchasing extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 05:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joe51
Before anyone buys an extended warranty, from Ford or from anyone else, go through this forum and look at the large number of complaints about things that Ford and the stealerships have refused to cover. Such as water leaks, defroster systems, opening rear windows, etc.

Extended warranties aren't worth the paper that they're written on. Case closed as far as I'm concerned.
Joe, I agree. I did not go through this Forum prior to purchasing my F-150. I doubt I'd ever buy a vehicle warranty again & want to warn future buyers now. The Warranty salesman did hype up the concerns about the electronics. It was the 1st. time I ever bought a warranty. The chrome running boards were peeling within a couple of months, was told "not covered, due to road hazard". Rear sliding window defroster not working, was told, "there is no recall notice on it". Front end got sloppy in 24,000 miles, was told, "we didn't find anything wrong with it". Took it back in another 1,000 miles, it was much more obvious, they replaced front end components. Former girlfriend had issues with her Ford Focus transmission, she got the run around for almost a year, they finally fixed it, only to re-surface with same problems.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:03 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by serotta
Here you go Manual, some research on the subject:

https://money.cnn.com/2018/05/22/pf/...ces/index.html
Yikes! That's scary!

Heck, $400 is a lot of money to me, but I have an emergency fund for everything that I consider "critical"... like my house for instance. Which is more than a measly $400.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:41 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Yeah, Ford put a dual clutch transmission in the Focus as well as other vehicles. It is a dry clutch that tends to get oil on it and then the clutches have to be replaced. If you had one of those, you definitely needed the extended warranty. My stepson bought a Golf R model that has a dual clutch trans but it is a wet clutch that doesn't have the issues that the Fords have.

Quick Reply: Avoid purchasing extended warranty