Build the damn wall !

Old 12-22-2018, 10:26 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just let **** ME **** decide which Federal Employees are "NON-ESSENTIAL" - and it would be NO TIME until My President had his wall approved / funded / built!

Old 12-25-2018, 03:17 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Bad News! I just saw in the news that the go fund me for the wall is up to $16Million but if you give money to the government, you can't specify where it is spent. Only congress can decide where it is spent so the fund appears to be a waste of time and money.

Old 12-25-2018, 07:31 PM
I say *********** then congress *************rs. Give the government credit slips redeemable only by Wall Contractors. I'm still going to deprive the 'do nothing' rats of my donated money by deducting it from my taxes!

Old 12-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
To me it looks like the Central American nations are purging out the sick and poor before they have to support them. More money for the wealthy!!

Old 12-28-2018, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by PawPaw
To me it looks like the Central American nations are purging out the sick and poor before they have to support them. More money for the wealthy!!
Especially when the _STUPID_ US Congress gives them $10B in aid - which the wealthy will keep. We should instead be spending $5B for an effective border barrier. NAMELY THE TRUMP WALL!

Old 01-25-2019, 04:06 PM
Well, Trump just bent over and kissed Pelosi's behind. No wall in the future.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
President Origami might be a better name

Old 01-25-2019, 07:29 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadie
Well, Trump just bent over and kissed Pelosi's behind. No wall in the future.
Bet it smelled like cobwebs......

Old 01-26-2019, 09:54 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I voted for Trump. Only reason I voted for him was to hopefully use his business background to help get America a little out of it's national debt, and to keep with the 2A nonsense that has been going on lately.

Which, yes, he's helped a little with the 2A stuff. Not as much as I would've hoped for, but more people wanted him it do things a little different. I'm all for gun control for crazy people that shouldn't have guns. But for people that have never committed a crime, and are normal folks that just want to collect, go hunting, and to just have fun at their local range or backyard, then those people shouldn't be harassed with gun laws.

As far as everything else he's done with the country? I don't agree with a lot of it. The wall is a nonsensical waste of money. Border patrol and technology should be #1 efforts.

I firmly believe we should close our borders to everyone, except possibly the UK, Australia, and Canada (and a few smaller "friendly" countries). The US already can't handle it's current population.

I'm confident this will cut down on a lot of issues we have.

I think what ticks me off the most is that very few recognized that our government was partially shut down. People have no clue these days what that means. You'd think with all of the online and social media junk, more people would be aware of it. Nope. I asked someone the other day what their thoughts were about the government shut down, and they said they had no clue the government was even a shut down. LOL

Here I don't even use social media and I know more than most people... scary!

Ah, I can go on and on...

Old 01-26-2019, 12:06 PM
The reason we have to have the wall is that the laws we have don't allow us to immediately deport the illegal aliens who are taught to ask for asylum and they are all taught that now. We have to let them go inside the country and wait months or years for their court date and then they don't show up. If our laws were changed so we could immediately deport them maybe we could get by without a wall. More technology on the border might help detect more drugs but it won't do a dang thing to keep illegals out of the country. In my opinion, the democrat position on illegal immigration is traitorous.

I think overall Trump is doing a fantastic job. The tax cuts and new trade deals have caused record low unemployment we have now. Wages are increasing which they had not in many years. With the growth in the economy, the budget deficti will start coming down. He has negotiated new trade deals with S. Korea, Mexico, Canada, Japan, and is working on deals with the EU and China. We had let other countries take advantage of us in trade for decades and he is trying very hard to put a stop to it. The big international companies or wall street are against Trump because all they are concerned with is their profits. If we don't do something about the tremendous trade deficit and budget deficit this country is doomed.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
You look at NYS, for example, the "American" people are fleeing it because of taxes and insidious laws.

Yet refugees are coming to NYS because they get tax breaks and free housing, food, etc. The refugees are colonizing NYS - especially upstate here. Some of them people are driving nicer vehicles than I do. Does that make sense?!

And here, everyone wants you to feel sorry for them. Don't get me wrong, it sucks, but hey, life isn't fair to begin with. As a hard working tax payer, it just infuriates me.

I still think we should allow trade, but quit allowing refugees and these other people from coming into our country. Like I said earlier, a lot of these "issues" we have will be resolved. We (America) needs to quit sticking our noses on everyone else's business.

This shutdown hurt the US. We will be feeling it for a while. But guess who's going to be paying for it? Not Trump, not his staff, nope -- the American people will be paying for this unnecessary shutdown. The refugees and foreigners won't give two hoots because most of them don't pay taxes.

The way I look at it, all these other countries in the world are using the US as a vindictive hiding spot, and to use the US to pay for issues that arise from it.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trump just set the Democrats up. Trump is a pragmatist, not a conservative. He doesn't let ideology stand in the way of solving problems. The Dems kept crying no deal on the border until the government reopens. Well, Trump just reopened the government and gave them 3 weeks to put their money where their collective mouth is. If Pelosi still refuses to put Americans before illegals, Trump shows he tried everything else. His only option is declaring a national emergency and diverting defense money to secure the border. Most Americans want the border secured, but didn't want the government shut down over it. They forget that under the Constitution, the only power the President has to force Congress to do something is to shut down the government. The Democrats have been promising border security since the 1986 Amnesty deal. 3 weeks from now, either Pelosi caves or she makes it crystal clear to America that the Democrats have no intention of fixing illegal immigration. If Pelosi chooses her personal hatred of Trump over national security, support for a national emergency declaration will go up. Trump can use the State of the Union Address to throw the who issue right in the Democrats' faces.

I didn't vote for Trump, but if he does secure the border, I will. His big mistake was not forcing the border security issue his first year in office. A Republican Congress was a lot easier to deal with and they would have had 2 years to show real progress on security.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:42 PM
The Republicans never had a 60 vote majority in the Senate that is required to pass a law. So, he couldn't get funding for the wall in the first two years either. He concentrated on getting the funding he wanted for the military and did get that by giving the dumrats lots of money for their pet projects. By folding on the shutdown, he lost all of his bargaining power and will not get the wall funded unless he is reelected and gets a 60 vote majority in the Senate as well as getting the house majority back. Some of the "Republican" members are owned by wall street and don't want the wall either. Declaring a national emergency won't work either because some judge in the 9th District will shut it down as soon as the dumrats sue and I'm sure they have the suit prepared for that eventuality. Bottom line the way I see it is that the wall will NOT be expanded. We will have to be content with the new trade deals and the appointment of constitutional judges. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is probably not going to make it much longer and may be replaced during Trump's term and there will be a constitutional judge majority on the Supreme Court. Four of the scotus judges now on the court rule based on the dumrat platform, not on the constitution and the laws passed by congress.

I think he has to take a hard line on immigration enforcement of existing laws by arresting employers who hire illegals and go after every violator of our immigration laws. Push forward to get scotus to rule on his revocation of the illegal order that allowed the dacas. He may get some concession from the dumrats by being really aggressive in enforcing existing laws.

Last edited by Roadie; 01-26-2019 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
True, the GOP did not have a supermajority in the Senate, but there were a lot of Dems up for re-election from states Trump won. Arm twisting a couple of them was a lot easier than a Dem-controlled House.

Too many people have bought into the idea that some Federal judge has the power and authority to interfere with a president exercising his Constitutional powers. The courts have never had that authority, they usurped it. The role of the courts is to settle disputes and give opinions, not rewrite law to suit their political ideology. The president's oath of office is to the Constitution, not some minor Federal judge. The oath was specifically written to keep a balance between the branches of government. We need a president who is willing to stand up to those despots in black who are doing so much damage to our Republic; I hope Trump is that one. And before someone cries "Maubery v. Madison," if you read the actual opinion, it says the Constitution is supreme, not the court.

I agree we need to take a hard line against employers. We need to throw a couple in prison and shut down their companies to send a message to the rest.

We also need to end ALL welfare and public benefits for non-citizens. I work for a local government agency. When people come in to sign up for their "free" taxpayer funded services, Federal regulations prohibit asking their legal status, but require us to offer them voter registration by mail.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:43 PM
My hope is that Trump uses the 'corner' he has put the 'do-nothing' congress-rats in (both sides) to kill TWO BIRDS with one stone. Use State of the Union to make his case for; then declare border security a national emergency; use money from wherever and construct more wall. When some 9th Circus Obama judge issues an injunction blocking it ----- Refuse to follow the judges order as being jurisdictionally inferior to a Presidential Order and continue building the Wall. Force that side to bring the issue to the Supreme Court trying to enjoin him. I think the Supreme Court needs to put a stop to Federal District Judges issuing orders over the president in a system where they are to be 'co-equal' branches of government and the Supreme Court is the top of that branch of government. That is akin to a County level Court Judge issuing a mandamus or injunction against a State District Judge. Just stupid.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Build the damn wall !