Factory Soft Tonneau modification??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Soft Tonneau modification??

I am at a severe loss?? My query is simple. I just got a 2010 F-150 Lariat Super crew with the 5.4l and a factory soft tonneau cover.
I am disabled veteran and in my previous F-150 I had a stationary crane mounted in the bed for lifting my mobility scooter. The dealer switched the crane to my new F-150. My issue is that the crane is mounted in the passenger side of the bed right near the tailgate. I would like to be able to utilize the soft tonneau cover especially during the winter. So I am hoping that someone can aid me and help me with being able to modify the cover so that it will fully close around the crane and still be totally useful. But my main dilemma is that the type of cover has built in support tubes and like a locking rail at the tailgate end. Is there a way for me to modify the cover with out screwing up the cover? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Or maybe do I have to look at having the crane itself modified? Again, with all the knowledge out there on this site, I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me in this dilemma. Thanks.

Last edited by navysniper7; 08-01-2018 at 01:54 PM. Reason: To get attention

Quick Reply: Factory Soft Tonneau modification??