David Bowie RIP Dead at 69

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
David Bowie RIP Dead at 69

I was very sad to hear this when I woke up today. In the 70's and 80's we listened to his music a ton. Another piece of my youth is gone. RIP David.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Sorry to hear that also. I didn't mind his music just was never a big fan of him. In the early 70's he and Alice Cooper were a little too freaky for me! Anyway... RIP David.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I never was a huge fan of his but his stuff is miles better than most of the crap that's made today. I was more upset about Lemmy's recent passing.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:10 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
He was a little before my time, so I wasn't really aware of his larger influence on the music scene -- by the time I was familiar with him he was just another 70's-era rock star that was trying to cash-in on the mid-80's MTV craze with some catchy pop tunes and videos.

However, I distinctly remember being a young boy and seeing him sing the "Little Drummer Boy" duet with Bing Crosby on a late-70's made-for-TV Christmas special. My thought at the time was that it was pretty cool how an "avante garde" artist like Bowie could do such a straight rendition of a Christmas classic with an old school artist like Crosby.....

Old 01-14-2016, 01:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bowie was innovative, tried to stay relevent and true to his talent.

"lets dance" was a commercial type album and it helped introduce the world to Stevie Ray Vaughn. listen to the album and it has Stevies sound all over it.
the Riffs from Rebel Rebel and Ziggy Stardust go down as some of the best.
The song "Fame" is always great to listen too. Under pressure, Heroes.
He wrote "The Man Who Sold The World" that Nirvana really hit with. he also wrote "All The Young Dudes" for the band Mott the Hoople, look it up you have heard it.

Bowie always had his own sound, nothing he did sounded like anyone else and seemed ahead of it time. I think he liked not being in a band so that the music he made was the music he wanted to make and not a compromise.

With a net worth of over $200 million he was smart and kept his personal life and family shielded from the lime light. One of the greats and no "one trick pony".

Quick Reply: David Bowie RIP Dead at 69