street outlaws

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 05:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
street outlaws

anyone watch the show? certain amount of "TV" in it, but the cars are for real and so are the wrecks.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/breakin...oyed-in-crash/

Old 11-16-2015, 06:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's entertaining but you're correct, "allot of TV in it ". That's to bad to hear about Chief and the Crow, that was one fast car.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's my main show to watch. They have lost 2 awesome cars the last 6 months.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
The "street" is fake as hell. It's practically a private dragstrip
The drama is obnoxious
The cars are real
The racing is mostly real

It's somewhat entertaining, but I don't go out of my way to watch it

Old 11-17-2015, 07:59 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Some of the racing clowns in New Orleans can't buy teeth but can afford a $50,000 engine. Probably financed by drug money.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad that he is OK but its bound to happen with that much power

Old 11-17-2015, 11:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's too bad to hear about Big Chief, hope hes ok and gets well soon. It was an Awsome car, hopefully he rebuilds it to race another day. Murder Nova is my favorite though.

Daddy Dave and "Goliath" debuted last night but he too wrecked that car already sometime in mid August at Amarillo Dragway in Texas. Supposedly he lost control of the car then slammed into the wall launching him into the air and going through multiple barrel rolls..

Sad but thats racing for ya!

Last edited by tg150; 11-17-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had not heard that about Daddy Dave, not like I go out of my way to follow them when not on tv, but that stinks. That new car of his looked like it might give the entire list a run. On last night's episode he stated more than once that he owns this car, paid for it all. What do you suppose something like that cost when all done ?

Old 11-17-2015, 07:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dog'em
I had not heard that about Daddy Dave, not like I go out of my way to follow them when not on tv, but that stinks. That new car of his looked like it might give the entire list a run. On last night's episode he stated more than once that he owns this car, paid for it all. What do you suppose something like that cost when all done ?
A pretty penny I'm sure.. The GMC Sonoma S10 that he use to race before the Nova topped out over a $150k

Here's a quote from a sight I found:

"David "Daddy Dave" Comstock from "Street Outlaws" stars in the Discovery Channel reality docu-series.

David "Daddy Dave" Comstock got his nickname for having kids with different women. His 1996 GMC Sonoma S10 pickup is jammed packed with high performance race parts, totaling over $150,000! Construction mogul Jackie Knox funds Dave's racing and will spare no expense to propel the truck to the top of the list. Dave's 20-plus years in the racing game (and endless budget) make him a local favorite to dethrone Murder Nova and take the No. 1 spot.

Read more: http://web.poptower.com/david-daddy-dave-comstock-street-outlaws.htm#ixzz3rnQq8Ce7"

Old 11-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by tg150
That's too bad to hear about Big Chief, hope hes ok and gets well soon. It was an Awsome car, hopefully he rebuilds it to race another day. Murder Nova is my favorite though.

Daddy Dave and "Goliath" debuted last night but he too wrecked that car already sometime in mid August at Amarillo Dragway in Texas. Supposedly he lost control of the car then slammed into the wall launching him into the air and going through multiple barrel rolls..

Sad but thats racing for ya!

I follow them on fb. Big Chiefs car is a total loss.
The motor looks like it survived but it's missing a turbo. He said he will be back. Not sure if he wants another lemans. He had that car since high school he said. So it's like losing a family member.

Daddy Dave wrecked that nova and now rebuilt a 64 nova. Same color!!

Last edited by 07massHD; 11-17-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
in todays world of law suites, political correctness and and everyone taking no personal responsibity, does any one think any "reality" tv is real? non of it is.

i do think the racing is real but there again is any contest safe from being fixed?

much like wrestling, it might be staged or scripted, but the risk and the muscle are real.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:23 PM
I know it's mostley staged and what not. But all I know is my 5 year old son like watching it and asks car related questions. It's fun. My 9 month old daughter loves to watch it to!! I know she doesn't get it yet! It's something to watch!

Old 11-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I Luv the Farm truck sleeper!

Old 11-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Love the show!!!! but that episode w/ Kye Kelley whoopin ***.... damn! hell of a machine. and his shop is close by me in McComb.... gotta give it to Farmtruck and AZN though. Those two are hilarious!!

Old 11-25-2015, 10:26 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tg150
A pretty penny I'm sure.. The GMC Sonoma S10 that he use to race before the Nova topped out over a $150k

Here's a quote from a sight I found:

"David "Daddy Dave" Comstock from "Street Outlaws" stars in the Discovery Channel reality docu-series.

David "Daddy Dave" Comstock got his nickname for having kids with different women. His 1996 GMC Sonoma S10 pickup is jammed packed with high performance race parts, totaling over $150,000! Construction mogul Jackie Knox funds Dave's racing and will spare no expense to propel the truck to the top of the list. Dave's 20-plus years in the racing game (and endless budget) make him a local favorite to dethrone Murder Nova and take the No. 1 spot.

Read more: http://web.poptower.com/david-daddy-dave-comstock-street-outlaws.htm#ixzz3rnQq8Ce7"
I think the Sonoma is going to return next week with Jackie driving it. Also next week is when they air Dave's crash at Amarillo. Should be a good episode.

Quick Reply: street outlaws