Workshop air system problems and solutions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Workshop air system problems and solutions.

Those of you that are more serious auto repair / DIY enthusiasts will love this, some just can't relate. In my garage, it is NOT a space for parking cars, but rather a workshop for woodworking, auto repair, and all sorts of home improvement projects. A big part of that is the pnuematic system.

I have been chasing down problems with a persistent leak that has been draining the compressor quickly. I finally tracked it down. Likewise, I am happy to report a colleague of mine that went with my recommendation on a low buck impact wrench... He is getting great results from his as much as I am mine... And of course I ended up troubleshooting and fixing a 20+ year old Blue Point air ratchet I bought new (yeah I AM that old).

With the very little shop time I have been able to spend over the last couple of days I have finally gotten the evasive leak fixed. Turned out to be a FPT male coupler that just did NOT want to seal for anything even though I sealed it up tight...

A colleague of mine had asked me about my impact as he knew I was putting a lot of work into our vehicles lately, and I told him about the Central Pneumatic Earthquake gun. I even offered to loan mine to him, but he insisted on buying his own, and is thrilled with it... Great to hear.

I figured out how to troubleshoot, get spares for, and repair a 20+ year old Blue Point Air ratchet so now I have a premium air ratchet, and a bottom of the barrel version. Both work so whatever...

Detailed blog entries are in 2 places this time. For the leak fix and impact the post is at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com/2...t-want-to.html

My write up on the air ratchet and a pictoral of teardown and rebuild is at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com/2...r-ratchet.html

Quick Reply: Workshop air system problems and solutions.