What do you think about faculty having guns in school?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 08:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am fine with the idea of educators with proper handgun training and licensing carrying guns on campus. I am against putting extra pressure on police departments that are already understaffed.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I have seen in the news that at least 3 rural school boards have approved teachers carrying. They have to want to, have training, and will not be identified. I know of two larger districts that are considering it. This is all in Texas.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ That's good to hear.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i personally would not mind it one bit as long as there was the proper credentials, training and "common sense" instilled the the carrier. i grew up around them so i aint no stranger to them. i think its kinda funny that all the "important" things in the country like banks, courtrooms, etc are protected with firearms, but then they make schools a gun free zone. when i was back in high school my father was robbed at gun point on the school campus. of course the robber and any other criminal is not going to head to the gun free zone but my father was. he has a ccw permit and did not carry that day cause he was on school grounds. he was just waiting on me to get back from a school trip.

Quick Reply: What do you think about faculty having guns in school?