Ipad Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipad Questions?

I bought 3 iPads for Christmas gifts, iPad 2's, wifi, 16G models.

Two are for my daughters cuz they are public school teachers and all their fellow teachers use them in class.

I bought one for myself and alltho I've never been an Apple product user, these thangs are pretty slick.

Anyhoo, after spending a week with it and finally getting everthang working properly (I use a PC), I'm already thinking about upgrading mine to a '32G, Retina display, wifi/4G, Verizon capable' for mobile use.

I already have unlimited everthang thru Verizon and can add the device to my plan for an extra 10$ per month.

Downside is, is that Verizon is gonna charge me full retail for the device to maintain my unlimited everthang plan and it's $729.

Don't want a 'mini iPad' cuz they're too small for my eyesight.

I already went to the Apple store and bought the 1st season of 'Dexter' cuz I don't have Showtime.

Let's have some feedback about which model I should purchase.

And like Thumper's momma told him in 'Bambi', "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

NNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-K?

Old 12-20-2012, 02:39 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

I swear I love reading your posts. Always seasoned with a goodly amount of humor.

Here's what I did. I bought the 'tallest hog in the trough' from the Apple store because they've been much easier to work with in the past in case something goes screwy. Now I got the 32G, wifi/4G, etc because I knew I'd want to be able to have access to data on the go. This is a huge plus and, in my opinion, is well worth the extra cabbage.

So, I paid full retail. Which works out the same really because, as you pointed out, VW is gonna charge you full retail for the unit if'n ye opt fer the unlimited data package. From what I remember, that's purty much how they all do it. Buying it from the Apple store also allows you to pick-n-choose which provider you want to jine up with.

I know you mentioned VW, but AT&T's 4G coverage is outstanding! Since I switched to the 4G LTE phone a couple weeks ago, I'm MUCH happier with AT&T's 4G coverage and speed.

In short, I'd go with the best. That way, you'll always have options instead of regrets. I garn-tee you'll love it!

Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Well Dew-zerMiester, I took your advice and opted for the 32G, wifi/4G w/ Retina display.

The 32G seems to have all the space I need for TV shows, movies and business.

Still haven't tried out the 4G connectivity cuz I've been busy adding my music and the first season of 'Dexter'. The whole first season is downloaded onto the iPad now.

The Retina display is eye popping quality and I just hope I don't have any problems with the device cuz the two times I spoke with the folks from Apple they both seemed to be clueless about how to direct me to import my contacts from my Window computer.

Thank god for the iCloud cuz I had no problems with importing my contacts to the old 16G device which I had backed up to the iCloud.

Retrieving the contacts from the old device and transferring to the new device was a snap after I finally figured out my contacts could be retrieved from the cloud.

Quick Reply: Ipad Questions?