Fell Off the Grid...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fell Off the Grid...

Hello all! Yep, I'm officially back on F150online. It's not been on purpose that I've been gone, but I've missed the site nonetheless. Had a few major things happen while I've been away that I don't mind sharing. They were, indeed, life changing.

I found out that I had a daughter by my high school girlfriend who was born in '94. We broke up over 17 years ago. I was kinda upset that my old girlfriend never told me about her, but that time has come and gone. I actually found out about my new, beautiful teenage daughter online - thanks Facebook. We've been spending a lot of time together and I've learn to love her very much.

Not soon after, my second oldest brother experienced major kidney failure. Both of his kidneys were down to 2% before he told anyone. I quickly volunteered to donate and after numerous tests, I was the premiere candidate. He told me that he wouldn't ask me to do such a thing and I happily answered, "You don't have to." The surgery took place December 1st, 2011 and he and I are both doing fine and back at work now for 3 weeks.

Ok, the rides. - My 2007 Harley-Davidson is just as beautiful as my signature pic. I haven't done anything to it, but getting very close to paying it off. My 2001 Focus ZX3 died (RIP) and I sold it. I replaced it with a 2011 Focus SES sedan. I like it, but I really miss the 5 speed hatch. I've added a 3d Carbon kit, tinted the windows and placed a Ford roof wing on it. The SYNC radio is driving me nuts. It fails to recognize my iPod occassionly. All in all, it's a great little replacement daily driver. I'll post pics soon.

I really missed all you guys and I promise to become as active as I was before. Looking forward to getting back in touch with Rockpick, Blue, Stealth and everyone else I commonly communicated with on the forum. It feels good to be back. - Og

Old 02-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome Back!!! I tought of you just yesterday and decided you must have just left us. You really had to life altering events take place. That is wonderful that you and your daughter are able to connect so well. And, what you have done for your brother is just awesome. Good to have you back.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't remember you, but it's truly heartwarming that you and your daughter hit it off and are able to develop a relationship...That's awesome...
Also, sorry to hear about your brothers troubles, but I'm glad that he's doing fine, as you are...

That said, welcome back, look forward to talking to you more...

Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Welcome back - You've been busy!

Last edited by Damn Dirty Ape; 02-04-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:19 PM
With the exception of the Focus it seems things worked out for the best in the end. Welcome back!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Man you've had some excitement! I am glad things worked out for you and your family concerning all the surprises. It takes a real man to deal with all those things and keep a cool head about yourself.

Welcome back, Og!

Old 02-03-2012, 11:05 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I thought about you recently too! Glad you're back and what an eventful breakwater. Glad everything is going ok :beers :

Old 02-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Welcome back to the site, enjoy spending the time getting to know your daughter. Glad you finally get to meet her and be apart of her life.

Way to step up for your family. Good to hear everything went well!

And the fact you started talking about a new ride without pictures... obviously you've been gone too long. Did you forget you need pictures right away?

Old 02-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OgRedd
I found out that I had a daughter by my high school girlfriend who was born in '94. We broke up over 17 years ago. I was kinda upset that my old girlfriend never told me about her, but that time has come and gone. I actually found out about my new, beautiful teenage daughter online - thanks Facebook. We've been spending a lot of time together and I've learn to love her very much.
Wow! I thought my family was messed up when I found out I had a step sister via youtube. I'm only 31 years older than her.

Welcome back man!

Old 02-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks everybody. You guys rock. - Og

Old 02-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
You had your plate full.
I'm glad everything worked out. Only the best do what you've done for your brother.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
First congrats on the daughter and what can one say about donating a kidney. In my book you are 2 steps above the best and with me being on dialysis i can only imgaine how thankfull your bro must be. I too am at 2% and i wish you all the best and you brother also. It takes a certain person to do what you have done and you need to know that and everyone here needs to applaud you endlessly.. On another note ole Habibi had major surgery yesterday and seems to be doing well so far. He is in much pain butr still manages a joke or 2 ......

AGAIN you and a mans man in my book and give your brother a big hug i wish you both the the very best...

Old 02-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks, Buck. I sincerely hope you find a donor as well, if that's the course you desire to take. I've learned a lot about kidney donation - you are truly ignorant of it until it happens to you or a family member. I had the opportunity of speaking with many who were going through the same during all the testing. Again, thanks for the kind words. - Og

Old 02-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Welcome Back!!! I tought of you just yesterday and decided you must have just left us. You really had to life altering events take place. That is wonderful that you and your daughter are able to connect so well. And, what you have done for your brother is just awesome. Good to have you back.
Thanks, Blue! Missed you guys - but honestly, I would peek in every now and then. Congrats on the NBS! The '12 Harley at the neighborhood dealership is calling my name... but I'm trying to fight it! - Og

Old 02-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Man you've had some excitement! I am glad things worked out for you and your family concerning all the surprises. It takes a real man to deal with all those things and keep a cool head about yourself.

Welcome back, Og!
Thanks, Stealth. You have made an impression on me ever since you gave me the courage to lower my truck way back when. Thanks for all the technical advice and just being a true online bud. - Og

Quick Reply: Fell Off the Grid...