Oasis Of The Seas

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oasis Of The Seas

Well, it's a lil too early, but important to plan before it's too late. I'm planning a 7 days Caribbean Cruise aboard the oases of the seas as a birthday surprise for my wife some time in October; her BD is October 6th..........I think.............

Has anyone taken a cruise aboard the Oasis of the seas?

Where did you cruise to?

How did you like it?

How was the quality of service?

Would you highly recommend it?

How affordable is it?

Is my budget of $1,800 per person for a 7 day cruise too low?

This is what I would like to surprise my wife with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp_-HOFqQ9k

Or Allure of the seas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtbH0...feature=relmfu

Last edited by OGTerror; 05-17-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Yeah OG, I have a friend that took it out on a 7 day cruise. I have no clue where they went but he said there was no way to see the entire ship in 7 days- it's just too massive. I have no clue what he spent but from the pics I got to see, I doubt you can take enough money. Considering all there is to do for fun, add in more shops than most malls, you can go thru some bucks. He recommended it to me so I'd say it worth the trip. Unfortunately, I'm too cheap to take a cruise like that. I'd rather own a new gun, tractor, any kind of equipment than taking a cruise.
Good grief, I'm a freakin gearhead.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never you mind, you just get your **** up to my place, I have an all inclusive working vacation all planned out for you.

You and wifey can sleep in our super deluxe 1976, 21 foot Sunline TT which is located in our mosquito filled backyard and your days will be fun-filled with activities that include
* Laying tile
* Installing Kitchen Cupboards
* Some drywall work
* Installing some pot lights in the dining room.

This all inclusive fun filled vacation package will cost you zero dollars and zero cents

Old 05-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by Habibi
Never you mind, you just get your **** up to my place, I have an all inclusive working vacation all planned out for you.

You and wifey can sleep in our super deluxe 1976, 21 foot Sunline TT which is located in our mosquito filled backyard and your days will be fun-filled with activities that include
* Laying tile
* Installing Kitchen Cupboards
* Some drywall work
* Installing some pot lights in the dining room.

This all inclusive fun filled vacation package will cost you zero dollars and zero cents
.............Free?.....uhmmm.....if it's free then how am I suppose to pay for it?

Old 05-17-2011, 09:57 AM
My high school girlfriend had a trip on the Oasis. She didnt pay for it because she had a kidney transplant and got the trip through the make a wish foundation and she loved it. Like labnerd said, there is no way you can see the whole ship in 7 days.

She went all around the caribbean. It was a while back but I remember she went to jamaica, and the bahamas. She loved it. She said they would travel at night and be in a new port the next morning so there wasnt much time to see the ship but they had 8 hours or so at each port and did some activities on land before heading to the boat. I got some good presents out of it so I couldnt complain.

The only bad thing was the ship had its own cell tower so she could still call me haha.

Anyways, Og, that will be an awesome present for your wifey. Enjoy!

D

Old 05-17-2011, 01:16 PM
to heck with that boring stuff!

live a little with this...

http://bluescruise.com/

or this...

http://rocklegendscruise.com/

and dance your asses off!

regards

Old 05-17-2011, 04:12 PM
We took a 5 day cruise to St. Thomas. St. Martaan and the bahamas 3 years ago. It was 1500 for both of us, plus our plane tickets (500 per )from MO to FL. We had rooms in the rear almost to the top with a deck off the back. We went in december also.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks for your input.

Thanks RR for the info. You know, people often tell me I can't dance for crap, I tell them oh yes I can, YES, I can dance like CRAP, look!

Old 05-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor
After seeing those pics, holy crap.

Just joking here, but have you considered just going to the Mall of America and making believe you're on a cruise ship? That boat is so huge you could spend all your time exploring the thing without ever looking out over the ocean!

Quick Reply: Oasis Of The Seas