Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez

Ok, it's almost here... Lesnar vs Velasquez. On the 23rd. I'm pulling for Brock, I think if he can beat Mir and now Carwin I think he can take Velasquez. Brock is just a beast. What do you guys think?

Last edited by radar's FX4; 10-09-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I think it will be a tough test for Brock. He's risen to the challenge ever since getting subbed in his first fight in the UFC. Brock will (and always does) have the size advantage. Cain has the tools to beat him, but I think the size will be too much. I know Cain has power, but I can't forget about him pounding on Kongo for 3 rounds and couldn't stop him. If he couldn't stop Kongo, I don't see him stopping Brock. I think his only chance is getting it into the championship rounds and pulling out at decision or wearing Brock out and stopping him late. With that said, I think Brock takes this one.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Brock is so damn big I can hardly stand it. I understand thats why they have heavyweights but, I am just sick of his ****y attitude. I know you need to have a chip on your shoulder to fight but I am ready for someone else to dominate. Go Velasquez.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:34 PM
I haven't been watching UFC for a long time, but I've seen brock fight once so can't really comment but he is one big ****.... But all it takes is a good hit and he could go down like a ton of bricks.. I just might have to take a look at this fight...

James

Old 10-10-2010, 12:01 AM
I've only been watching for about a year, but Carwin beat the crap out of Brock, and the dude took everything he had. To be fair, though, I've never seen Cain fight.

I don't trust my 40 cal against Carwin, much less Lesnar. Cain better be at his best (and heaviest) to stand with him. The ground game... hell, I have no business commenting. I'm 5'10'' at 170#. Fighting a dude that weighs near or better than 300 is NOT something I want to get involved with.

I'll pay $50 bucks to watch it, though

Old 10-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Carwin did be the s*** of Brock but one thing Carwin doesn't have that Cain does is stamina and heart. You can't teach those kind of things to a fighter but now Cain has improved his striking, I'm going to say Cain in the 4th!

Old 10-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Both guys are beasts.

It could go either way.

I do think Velasquez has a good chance to win.

I'll pick Cain in the 4th or 5th round, where his superior cardio will prevail. He's going to have to push the pace, tire Brock out and still avoid getting caught. No easy task.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:50 AM
That Mir fight was BS. Watched that little documentary they did on both fighters. The size and strength of Lesnar is crazy, but hopefully Canin can "stick n move" running the fight his own way. To close to call for me.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lesnar is freakish size, and I would LOOOOVE to see Cain beat the **** out of him, and FINISH HIM! Unlike Shane Carwin. I wont be surprised if Brock wins by TKO, but I would love to see Cain win.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:24 AM
If i recall Carwin actually tested Brocks chin and it held up pretty good. I think Carwin dazed him but Brock stayed calm and over came it. I don't know much about Velasquez but will do my home work. I just hope this fight will last longer than 2 rounds. Brock's like a freaking silver back gorilla, crazy strength and tuff to boot.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Honestly Brock's chin didn't hold up at all, he's luckily that Carwin blew his load and punched himself out. That won't happen with Cain because of his superior cardio, take it Cain doesn't have the same power of Carwin or Lesner but he has speed. Besides Carwin should have won by stoppage, that was the longest I've ever seen some one get ground and pounded and didn't have the ref step in.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Joe_Cool
Honestly Brock's chin didn't hold up at all, he's luckily that Carwin blew his load and punched himself out. That won't happen with Cain because of his superior cardio, take it Cain doesn't have the same power of Carwin or Lesner but he has speed. Besides Carwin should have won by stoppage, that was the longest I've ever seen some one get ground and pounded and didn't have the ref step in.
This is true. The more I think about it the more I recall it. I was all excited because I was sure I was about to win $50. But it didnt pan out. If I recall Brock even lost a little blood that night...didn't he?

Old 10-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Its on like donkey kong....

Old 10-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by JJDH
Its on like donkey kong....
dude, i like your sig.... this is gona be a great fight though, i'm pulling for brock!

Old 10-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Thanks bro.

Quick Reply: Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez