F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion-55/)
-   -   What, No AZ immigration bill thread yet??? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/415248-what-no-az-immigration-bill-thread-yet.html)

efuehrin 04-27-2010 12:52 AM

What, No AZ immigration bill thread yet???

It's my impression that this bill(now law) simply allows cops to uphold current law.

What's all the uproar about?

I sent this letter to my state representative.

I'm posting this to you so you can do the same if you wish.

Feel free to forward this on to whomever you like so they can do the same.

Representative Aull,

Please draft a Missouri bill based off of the Arizona Immigration Bill, SB1070.

I had no idea that a new bill was needed to uphold current laws, but if that is the case, please do all you can to get a bill like this passed through the MO law making process so our local and state officers can have the authority to uphold current MO and Federal Laws.

From what I understand, this bill allows officers to arrest or fine people that cannot show proof of legal residency in the Unites States. It also allows officers to arrest or fine business owners that hire Illegal Aliens.

There are already MANY instances where MO Police Officers can arrest or fine Legal US Citizens for not showing proper paperwork so I don't see why we don't already have a bill like this on the books.

The state of MO has no problems arresting or fining US citizens for breaking current laws so I don't see why the state won't do the same for Illegal Aliens doing the same.

EFuehrin

Real Sniper 04-27-2010 12:58 AM

I'm all for it. The law mirrors federal law. The big difference is the feds don't enforce laws anymore. Congress always wants to pass more and more laws taking away our freedoms, but won't enforce the laws we already have.

Woods-Rider 04-27-2010 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by efuehrin (Post 4194167)
It's my impression that this bill(now law) simply allows cops to uphold current law.

What's all the uproar about?

I sent this letter to my state representative.

I'm posting this to you so you can do the same if you wish.

Feel free to forward this on to whomever you like so they can do the same.

I 100% agree! some may say it's racial profiling, but something has to be done to start combating this problem. Some areas of Oregon are horrible and you would think that Spanish is the national language if you walked down the block. I'm fed up with aliens that don't pay taxes sending their children to our schools, using our roads, etc. If they aren't paying for something they shouldn't be allowed to use it and we need to enforce that or it's meaningless.

efuehrin 04-27-2010 01:20 AM

If pulling someone over for speeding and asking to see their proof of residency because they look like they are from a foreign country is racial profiling, then pulling some kid over for speeding then and asking for his ID when the cop see's the beer in the backseat is age profiling.

Same thing. Both are the prudent thing to do for a cop.

Seriously guy's, if you agree with it, sent the note to your State Rep.

Make your voice heard.

I guess I personally think the new law is dumb. It should be an unnecessary law. I don't know why they need it. A law to allow another law to be upheld.

jgger 04-27-2010 01:36 AM

Don't forget the "Elected Elite" had to swear on oath to up hold the laws as part of their job.
I say GREAT JOB ARIZONA!
We need to remember in November the ones who are not living up to their oath and vote them OUT!

Just a side note: 1/3 of the prision population here in California are illegals-and not in for J-walking. Think what my bankrupt state could do with the money wasted on housing them. That doesn't include what Medical services and Schools are throwing away.
GREAT JOB ARIZONA!

efuehrin 04-27-2010 01:41 AM

It's not even the Illegal Alien thing that has me ticked off about this.

It's all the liberal quacks that are all up in arms about this!

How could they possibly call this law unconstitutional? It simply allows cops to arrest people that are doing something ILLEGAL!

Super FX4 04-27-2010 01:50 AM

It is a guarantee that someone will enter this thread stating that:

We should not be profiling
We should not do it this way
We should not send them back
We should make them legal

It is also a great chance that this same person will be a person that is in favor of a big government 'to look after us' and 'to help the poor'. There is one small problem though...

Back in the early 1900's we had this thing called Open Borders and people could freely enter and exit a free country called the USA. As the USA approached the mid 1900's, these things called 'social programs' were enacted. These were along the lines of SS and unemployment at the time. The USA soon found out that people were flocking to the USA to gain the social program status. Then we started down the road of big government spending, taxing, and debt because of these things.

The USA made an effort to cut off these borders so that it would stop draining the country. So the root of this problem is that government, the same government that enacted these social programs, cut off the borders (or atleast tried).

So now we have this problem... There is ONLY one way to stop this problem without using force or removing someone's rights. We must go back to a country that has absolutely NO social programs and then open up the borders. If we have no social programs, then the ones that do not have good intentions will stay in their home countries. The ones that want to better themselves would come here and begin producing which would help our economy.

Super FX4 04-27-2010 01:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eyJIbSgdSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfU9F...eature=related

efuehrin 04-27-2010 02:32 AM

Great posts Super FX4

efuehrin 04-27-2010 09:47 AM

anyone else have any thoughts?

FX41 04-27-2010 09:56 AM

I emailed My rep, here is another idea, lets see who not only emails their rep, but also gets an email back, heres the catch, that is not an automatically generated "thanks for your email" BS. I bet not one person does. Its a shame our emails are never read by anybody close to our congressmen, and they couldn't care less what we think.

FX41 04-27-2010 10:04 AM

Just emailed by republican senetor (I'm not wasting my time with the Dem he would rather give them amnesty) and my retarded governor as well.

FlashmasterK 04-27-2010 10:45 AM

OF COURSE ITS RACIAL PROFILING.... AND ITS A GOOD THING!!!!!

I think this racial profiling debate is stupid. Racial profiling is a damn good thing! I present the following two senarios to back my opinion.

1) You are a law enforcement agent in a New Mexico border town. You primary focus is to arrest illegal immigrants. You can approach 200 people to ask to see their paper. The first 100 you select at random from all walks of life, all races. You find 1 illegal. The next time you limit you selection to just people of hispanic descent. You find 20.

2) You are a female college freshman walking alone down the street. On one side of the street you have a 250 lb, 25 year old, black man and the other a 95 year old, white grandmother. Which side do you chose?

Stealth 04-27-2010 10:57 AM

Obama knew of the drug problems in Mexico long ago. Illegal immigration is but one byproduct of the drug problem that is oozing across our border. Other illegals are coming across to escape them, or just to come over here for whatever reason. What has he done about illegal immigration since his election? Nothing. This was an issue debated during the election year, but of course dropped once the election was over, not a hot enough issue I suppose. The situation in Arizona has gotten so bad that because Obama has done nothing, they had to do something.

Arizona, more power to you!!!

Bluejay 04-27-2010 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by FlashmasterK (Post 4194520)
OF COURSE ITS RACIAL PROFILING.... AND ITS A GOOD THING!!!!!

I think this racial profiling debate is stupid. Racial profiling is a damn good thing! I present the following two senarios to back my opinion.

1) You are a law enforcement agent in a New Mexico border town. You primary focus is to arrest illegal immigrants. You can approach 200 people to ask to see their paper. The first 100 you select at random from all walks of life, all races. You find 1 illegal. The next time you limit you selection to just people of hispanic descent. You find 20.

2) You are a female college freshman walking alone down the street. On one side of the street you have a 250 lb, 25 year old, black man and the other a 95 year old, white grandmother. Which side do you chose?

I don't see your Number Two as having anything to do with race. Have the same girl on the street and meeting a 25 year old red neck and on the other side, a 95 year old black grandmother. She would probably still chose the grandmother. Has nothing to do with race.