Blackberry?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had blackberry's for quite a few years now through work. I've never had an issue with one and have to say that they are fairly indestructible. Up until recently, I would have never wanted one for personal use, however I am seriously considering getting the new Storm2 w\ Verizon. My wife and I are going to do the buy one get one free deal next month. We're just not sure if it's going to be the Storm2 or the Droid. Leaning towards the Storm2 as of now...

Old 12-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Paralyzer
Ive had my blackberry storm for over a year and HATE IT, it freezes all the time you need to constantly pull the battery to reset it and its slow at the best of times
I've had my Curve for all of maybe a month and I can say safely that 4-5 times already I've had to reset it - I did talk to a buddy who works for a cell company and he said you may as well just pull the battery and reset once a week to prevent that.

Slow? Sometimes... but, then again, with all the apps and stuff it has, I'm not going to complain. It's by no means dial-up slow, just lags out a bit here and there.

Bottom line? For it's ease of use and functions available, it's a great phone. Granted it's my first smart phone, but compared to what all was out there I feel it more than covers my needs/wants with a phone. Just my .02

Old 12-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChrisT
I've had blackberry's for quite a few years now through work. I've never had an issue with one and have to say that they are fairly indestructible. Up until recently, I would have never wanted one for personal use, however I am seriously considering getting the new Storm2 w\ Verizon. My wife and I are going to do the buy one get one free deal next month. We're just not sure if it's going to be the Storm2 or the Droid. Leaning towards the Storm2 as of now...
I'll bet the Droid will be hard to find for awhile, until the newness rears off.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:49 AM
The curve is a great phone, it will do just about anything you wan't to do. I have had mine for a year now and love it. The Iphone is cool but there is no way I would deal with at&t for the iphone, their prices are outrageous for the phone and their plans are way over priced. BTW if you need to pull the battery their is an app called quickpull lite that will make the phone think the battery has been pulled so you don't have to take off the cover or your case, you can also set a schedule for it to do it nightly or whenever you would like.
BTW my wife has the HTC hero (same as the htc eris from verizon) that runs droid, and I have been very impressed with it so far.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by birddog_61
BTW if you need to pull the battery their is an app called quickpull lite that will make the phone think the battery has been pulled so you don't have to take off the cover or your case, you can also set a schedule for it to do it nightly or whenever you would like.
Interesting - any link you'd recommend for this and / or a forum for the Curve? Thanks in advance

Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by wrobo23
Interesting - any link you'd recommend for this and / or a forum for the Curve? Thanks in advance
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1300

Its also availble through the appworld app, the best forum for any bberry is crackberry.com. It takes a little while to get to know your way around it but there is more info available there than anywhere else. Also there is a crackberry app store app available to dl that will let you download crackberrys apps right to your phone.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:05 AM
^^^ thanks!

Old 12-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor
I had a BlackBerry Storm (version 1) and it SUCKED! The touch/click screen was the biggest pain in the rear! I thought I would like it, but I hated it after only a few months.

I dumped it, sold it on Ebay, and bought myself a phone with a Qwerty keyboard, since I text message a lot and email

Old 12-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I went smart phone I think it would have to be the Droid

Old 12-21-2009, 12:42 PM
I've had a BlackBerry Pearl through Sprint for over two years now. I love everything the phone can do. Only complaint is that I've been through 4 of em, and I haven't broke any, they break on their own. Never went through a cell phone before this, and I was much harder on my old phones. Yes, the Storm sucks major whatever. If you get a BB, you'll have to make it a morning routine to erase all texts and pull the battery to keep it running smooth.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Everytime a new phone come out I get my hands on it. I am a verizon rep and our technician so I have to keep up to date on the newest phones. Ive had the Blackberry Storm, the Storm 2, the Blackberry Tour, the HTC Droid Eris, and the Moto Droid. They were all great phones. The storm gave me problems until I installed the leaked updates. Then it worked flawlessly. The storm 2 is a great phone. Didnt have any problems at all. I really liked the tour. I liked having the actual buttons to use. The Eris was awsome because of its size and it has the Sense UI which makes everything really smooth. I am now running the Droid. I love it. I wish the email was a little simpler at times, but other than its great. I get lots of emails and that is what blackberry is good at. The Droid is crazy fast at loading, has lots of memory, and 1000's of cool apps that make the phone even better. The screen resolution is better than the iPhones, the screen is larger, the processor is faster, the memory is greater, and it is powered my Android. It is a stout metal cased phone that is strong enough to hold up to the tough standards of everyday use, but still looks kinda modern.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:24 PM
I have the Blackberry pearl. Had it with Sprint for a while now. I can't say I love the phone, but I don't hate it. Other than pulling the battery at least once a week and deleting all my texts everyday, it works fine and does what I need it to do. The one thing I had /have problems with is the ball. I'll be getting a new phone here in a couple of weeks and I'm almost positive it will be a Blackberry for the simple reason that all of Sprints phones SUCK!!!!

Oh yeh, I somewhat abuse my phone and its held up pretty good, so I can't complain to much.

BREW

Old 12-21-2009, 01:34 PM
I've heard with the new update it made the Storm run so much better. I know a bunch of people with BBs and they like them, same with the Droid. I'm partial to my iPhone though.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Had my BB curve for 2 years now. Just keep doing the updates and it works fine for forums, texting, and emails.
The only thing I do is a weekly battery pull and clean the trac ball. Other than that no problems.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Glen R
Check with Verizon, it was my understanding that Email/ Web for smart phones is a flat 29.99 a month.
Sprint has a better deal. Verizon is cool and all, but the deposit they wanted was 400% more than what Sprint wanted for me.
69 bucks a month for 450 anytime minutes (to landline phones), unlimited mobile to mobile on any network, unlimited data, unlimited internet, unlimited text, video and picture messaging, I can leave my yahoo! messenger running 24/7 on the phone, I can just update facebook or myspace or anything wherever I am, I love the deal I got with them.
So far, I love the phone, I went with the curve. I am still playing with it trying to figure a lot of things out, though, it's my first 'smart' phone (unless you coulnt the Razr V3, and I don't think it is 'smart'), and I like it so far. It is definitely a pain cleaning out the messages, though!