How about this speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about this speeding ticket

I work at the Charleston Navel Weapon Station and the last stretch of road I go down before turning into base is about a 1/4 mile long and is 4 lanes wide. I have to make a left turn into base, but in the left lane was a semi going around 25mph, so I change lanes go around him, then get back in the left lane to turn on the base. Out of nowhere a cop walks into the middle of the road and points me into a near by parking lot. He pulled me for doing 56 in a 40. I soon discovered that he was standing behind an oak tree with his radar checking people coming down the road. There were other cops in the parking lot waiting in rotation to get others while the officer who pulled me was writing my ticket. Now that's a speed trap LOL.

The bad thing is, I am sure the 56mph I did was an instantaneous speed that I did NOT maintain; I accelerated to go around and immediately started slowing back down. Heck I did not even realize I hit 56mph. Point is I did not want to stay behind a truck doing 25mph, but had no intentions of speeding excessively. Regardless, I am at fault but 4 points and $185.00 is no fun.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:28 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
you took your driving record and

maybe traffic school if you can take it???

Old 07-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
you took your driving record and

maybe traffic school if you can take it???
Pretty much, hopefully they will reduce it to 2 points in court.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sucks man. i just got pulled over today for the second time in like 3 months for talking on my cell phone. was about $110 the first time and its the same the second time, but i believe i will have a point on my record now. im stupid to be talking on the phone, my fault. their so strict about that law here in california. %#%$%$#%^$

Old 07-23-2009, 05:02 PM
hawkin-
i have a buddy who works at shaw afb

Old 07-23-2009, 05:11 PM
I wasn't there to see what happened, but depending on how close you were to that left hand turn before you went around the semi on the right, you might be thankful you didn't get passing on the right and reckless driving thrown in on top of the speeding ticket.

One thing I've noticed over the years, is that speeding tickets are more often handed out to people making violent lane changes and weaving in and out of traffic, than to the guy who's just cruising along in the hammer lane.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE
One thing I've noticed over the years, is that speeding tickets are more often handed out to people making violent lane changes and weaving in and out of traffic, than to the guy who's just cruising along in the hammer lane.[/QUOTE]

Very true...that's how we do it down here in fl.The vehicle making the erratic lane changes,weaving in/out of traffic,speeding is the one who gets stopped.They 're most likely to cause a crash. I know $185.00 is a lot of money but down here for 56/40 would cost $256.00 + 4 points. Everyone stay safe out there.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by migdaddy
sucks man. i just got pulled over today for the second time in like 3 months for talking on my cell phone. was about $110 the first time and its the same the second time, but i believe i will have a point on my record now. im stupid to be talking on the phone, my fault. their so strict about that law here in california. %#%$%$#%^$
I hear you!! I am not a fan of breaking the law in any form, that even goes for my speeding ticket. I just hate when its an obvious speed trap like this morning, its all about quantity.

I could see if it was an area that produced frequent accidents due to speeding but this is not the case. OR if it was in a neighborhood where people are out around the street....nope this is basically an industrial area with no extracurricular activities taking place outside esp around the highway.

However it is an area with high volumes of traffic in the morning as people come to work making it a great area to do something like this. When I left for lunch they were gone. I can bet they will be gone this evening too as traffic is going the other way and can not filter into them. Sure they will be back in the morning.

What is the objective here other than to write as many tickets as possible?

Old 07-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
I wasn't there to see what happened, but depending on how close you were to that left hand turn before you went around the semi on the right, you might be thankful you didn't get passing on the right and reckless driving thrown in on top of the speeding ticket.

One thing I've noticed over the years, is that speeding tickets are more often handed out to people making violent lane changes and weaving in and out of traffic, than to the guy who's just cruising along in the hammer lane.
I agree, however it was not aggressive at all, I had all the time in the world as the semi was going so slow, it was very casual. Just found out a co-worker got a ticket this morning too for 53 in a 40 at the same place I did. Different officer though as they were rotating turns. LOL

Old 07-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by mdhawkin
I just hate when its an obvious speed trap like this morning, its all about quantity.
Welcome to Fing SC! I tell you, SC cops set those things up ALL the time. and they are Sneaky SOBs. I was traveling like 80-85 on my way into Charleston on a LONG straight stretch near the AFB and I noticed a car 2 miles back FLYING. I slowed down and it was a State Trooper had to be doing 95-110. There is alot of speed traps for us NCers on our way to the beaches.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by migdaddy
I've seen a ton of people down here talking on their phones, but I've never seen anyone get caught. How'd you get nabbed? That sucks tho

Old 07-23-2009, 10:28 PM
I never got the phone ticket but I got a ticket last month for not wearing my seatbelt.. Got pulled over backing out of my friends company... 89.00 ticket ...

Old 07-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by FX4_2003
I never got the phone ticket but I got a ticket last month for not wearing my seatbelt.. Got pulled over backing out of my friends company... 89.00 ticket ...
Wow, 89.00? It's only 10.00 here for no seat belt and they just made it primary enforcement a few weeks ago.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Yep I am taking Defensive Driving twice in 3 months. One for a ticket 76 in a 65. The other for 73 in a 55 on my way to see the wifes family for 4th of July. The cops like me alot I'm job security for them. LOL

Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by 2low2slow
I've seen a ton of people down here talking on their phones, but I've never seen anyone get caught. How'd you get nabbed? That sucks tho
the first time i was just driving on a main straight and a bike cop pulled behind me and started yelling to pull over, shows you concentrated i was in my phone conversation

and today i was on another main street and another ****ing bike cop i guess was following me for a while and finally i heard his sirens go off and told me to pull over. he said he was following me for a while and he had to put his sirens on for me to pull over. he was a ****ing *****. i asked him if he could give me a break since i just got the same ticket 3 months ago, and that i was talking to my sister on the phone because it was an emergency. he said why didnt she call 911. i said because im a paramedic and she needed my help (it was bull**** about her emergency haha) but he had no mercy, but did say i should be careful about how loud my truck is not worth the 130 bucks tho

Last edited by SSCULLY; 07-24-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Do not work around word filter

Quick Reply: How about this speeding ticket