I hate my friends girlfriend

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down I hate my friends girlfriend

So I have a friend (Dan) that I’ve known probably for 11 or 12 years now. We went to elementary, junior and high school together and he is one of my best friends. Just over a year ago he gets himself a new girlfriend (Kate). At first we got along great. She seemed very nice and I thought ‘good for him, finally he finds himself a decent girl’. Boy was I wrong. About 4 months later I started my post secondary schooling and as a complete surprise to both of us, we were in the exact same program and had many of the same classes together. This is probably were things went wrong because this is where I really got to know her better. I came to find that she’s not the most intelligent girl and that she constantly makes stupid comments. Now I don’t know about you guys but I like to surround myself with people who can keep up with me in a conversation. Someone who will not keep trying to change the direction of a conversation because they don’t understand what is being said. So, as you may have guessed she quickly began to annoy me.

So about two months after school had started (October of last year) Dan ends up buying a house in the city and he wants me to move in. This worked out well for me because my current apartment building was being torn down at the end of last year to be converted to a condo so I needed a new place to live anyways. Bad idea! Turns out his girlfriend only lives about 15 blocks away. So, not only was I seeing her at school but also at home after school. Needless to say she quickly went from a 4 to a 10 on the annoying scale!

It wasn’t until about December of last year that I really started to hate her. I found out through my friends brother (Adam, who is also a good friend of mine and moved in with us in Feb of this year) that she had told, not only Dan, but also his family that I had been useless in a group presentation that we had done for one of our classes. This was completely unacceptable for me because I had put together our entire 10 page report on the subject and was well prepared for my part of the presentation. What bugs me the most is that she did come to me about it AND she bashed me in front of my friend’s family! When you think someone is your friend and then find out that they have been saying things about you behind your back, that (in my mind) was enough to end our friendship. This wasn’t the first time she had talked about a friend behind their back either. I overheard her talking to someone in class about how much of a ‘stuck up rich b***h’ another one of her friends was (by chance this friend of hers also happened to be in one of our classes. Small world huh?). Maybe this is just girls gossiping but I don’t think you should ever say anything bad about anyone you would call your friend.

I began to distance myself from her. Sitting further away from her in class, not speaking to her as much, not working together on our homework assignments anymore, and avoiding the room she was in whenever she came over. I made it known to her that I didn’t like her anymore and through her, Dan found this out as well. I will say that making my dislike for her evident, was probably one of the best things I could have done. I quickly found out that I was not the only one who found her extremely annoying. The two people we had befriended on the first day of school came to me and said they felt the same way about her but didn’t want to openly say it to her face. I also found out that Adam wasn’t a huge fan of her either! So now we both tried to keep our distance from each other. This was a good and bad thing because now, I wasn’t hanging out with Dan as much because his ***** are on a tight rope and wherever he goes, she goes. For example; on the May long weekend of every year we always get 20 to 30 people and head out to the lake and go camping. This year, Dan brought her along with about 5 of her friends (who hate me as well because SURPRISE!!! She’s been saying things about me to them as well) and this nearly ruined my entire weekend.

They’ve been dating now for just over a year and this whole situation is making me feel defeated and distant from one of my oldest friends. I mean she’s got all her friends hating me, and any of my friends that don’t like her won’t come out and let her know it so I feel like I’m the only one right now. I don’t want to invite Dan out anywhere anymore for fear that she might decide to tag along.

Maybe I’m being selfish and should just try and get over it for Dan’s sake. Maybe I should move out so ill never have to see her again. Maybe I should just hang tough and hope they break up soon. I’m just not sure what to do.

Sorry for my rant (holy is it long!), I just needed somewhere to vent this out.
Thanks, Ross

Old 07-13-2009, 12:55 AM
hmm, seems to me ur friend has chosen sides.

I done my best friend that way, and he did I at one point in life. At the end of the day we are still best friends 10 years later. And if he wasn't my best friend its a good thing I would have figured it out back then and found the real friends in my life.

Id move out and give them the space. Probley going to change there relationship since she went so far out of the way to make things horrid between you. Once your gone she will be useless and he will ditch her.

If he don't ur real friends will be there.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by FORD7700
Maybe I’m being selfish and should just try and get over it for Dan’s sake.
She makes him happy.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Eh... been there done that...

Girls aren't what they were 15 years ago... now girls are a bunch of pathetic, fake, good for nothing, looking for perfect plastic people, directed idiots of our society...

What ticks me off about girls of today, is that they think all men are going to take advantage of them.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
Id move out and give them the space.
Really thinking about but then i'd lose my nice garage space . Lesser of two evils?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
now girls are a bunch of pathetic, fake, good for nothing, looking for perfect plastic people, directed idiots of our society...
Hahaha very ture

Old 07-13-2009, 01:30 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by FORD7700
Hahaha very ture

I am having trouble finding a girl only because I need someone that thinks and acts like a guy, but has the qualities of a real woman.

Women these days need to grow up.

Some women think just because they are a women they are better than guys. That's wrong... human anatomy shouldn't get in the way of daily tasks. But it still seems to happen in the 21st century..

Old 07-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by ddgarcia05
She makes him happy.
x2... just let him be happy, and be happy that he is happy, even if you don't like it.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What ticks me off about girls of today, is that they think all men are going to take advantage of them.
errr.... lol

Old 07-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Move out.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:44 AM
I have a cousin that is like this with every girl he dates!! as soon as he starts dating them he forgets about his friends which pisses me off b/c them she gets him hanging out with all her friends. The girl he's dating now is/was best friends with my girl friend and he is pretty much mine. They both have done the same thing and forgot all about us and moved on to one of her other "couples" to hang out with. I honestly have stopped talking to him all together unless he calls me because everytime i call and see whats up hes always like well so and so gets off in an hour so i cant. It burns me up cuz im like dude you dont have to f*n see her everytime shes not working wtf. NEVER hook up your two best friends, b/c you end up losing both but w/e we'll see hunting season is coming up and she doesnt like that at all so i bet he wont even go this year b/c "she gets off in an hour". perfect example hes the biggest fisherman i know usually every night hes fishing. I think hes went one time this year back before they were dating! If i was you move out and find someone else.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:01 AM
i had the same thing happen.. needless to say he basically chose to be with her instead of his friends.. f*ck him.. i dont talk to him no more..

Old 07-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
If she's hot, let it slide. If she's ugly, than your hatred is justified.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by 4.6 Punisher
If she's hot, let it slide. If she's ugly, than your hatred is justified.
so if she is hott its ok to loose a good friend over???

"i dont think so tim".. lol

Old 07-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Girls aren't what they were 15 years ago...
Weren't you like eight years old then?? I hope you're not hitting on eight year olds.

Quick Reply: I hate my friends girlfriend