well it finally happened to me!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well it finally happened to me!!!

so i got up this morning, showered, got dressed, walked out the door, and poof, the wifes new ford edge sel was gone from the driveway. walked inside and called the PD, they took all the info, called the insurance ppl (more info). drove around and found my wifes car! called PD again, they sent someone out to look at it with me, so we had the set of keys, and just started it up and took it to the nearest dealership. we had had a garage sale this past weekend, and guess the spares came up missing. whoever took it drove about 120 miles, smoked some pot and then i guess got tired and just parked it in front of there place and went inside. lost an ipod, 2 wireless dvd headphones, and my dang super troopers dvd(think im most mad about that). but the car seemed in good condition, no holes, no burns in the leather, nothing ripped out, just a cpl low life thugs wanting to enjoy a nice joyride. the insurance has been great, the dealership however, is kinda lacking. i told the insurance i wanted the entire key system replaced and they said sure( because whoever took it still has a key and can get in again), well the dealership said all they wanted to do was recut and rekey the door. and thats when it started lol, i wasnt too please after that, however, now all 4 doors are getting new key systems, and the hatchback and ignition as well. so i guess it couldve been alot worse, just cant believe i had to find my own car in a big town, and found it within two hours of noticing!

Old 06-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

If I understand this correctly. You think someone stole the spare keys during your garage sale then came back and stole the car? That's insane. Glad you found it.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:37 PM
yeah, i noticed the keys missing on saturday nite, but the weather was horrible horrible, so they mustve waited until sunday nite. she always leaves the keys in the console and just locks the keys up, then uses the keypad to open and lock everything, guess it couldve been worse, if they wanted to car, they couldve broke the window and got in. not sayin its right, just saying it couldve been worse. nothing that a new set of door locks,hatchback lock, and ignition system cant fix, and a lil bit of detailing and carpet shampooing

Old 06-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Did they dust for fingerprints?

Old 06-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u just drove around and happened to see the car? nice luck!

Old 06-16-2009, 05:30 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
^^^ interesting, glad you got it back

Old 06-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Hopefully they didnt run the guts out of it in that 120 miles and take some of the life off of it. That happened to a girl I used to work with. They stole her T-bird and apparently hammered on it for a couple of days til they dumped it. When she got it back it was plagued with problems and eventually had to replace the engine and tranny. Good luck man!!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by schreiberdrew
... now all 4 doors are getting new key systems, and the hatchback and ignition as well...
Kinda hard to do this considering the drivers door is the only one with a keyhole in it. All the other doors and hatchback unlock with the power door locks.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Thats unbeleivable luck.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:11 AM
How far away from your house was it? Where did they drive 120 miles?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by crazyeyedkilla
Where did they drive 120 miles?
They just used it to make a TACO BELL commercial.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:38 PM
first off, RedWing, you are totally correct, i goofed that one up with the handles. and im not really sure where they drove it all around too. i just went driving down a street that has been known lately for a lot of criminal activity, it has alot of older apartments on the street, and it was parked down at the very end of a no outlet for the complex, doors locked and all.. yeah the cop said i was pretty luck too, i just grinned and said yep, no thanks to this citys "finest". i just told the wife that it couldve, and prolly should have been much much worse, and that we were pretty lucky.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Why didn't the cops see who came out of the building, and got into the car? You could have got back the other stuff along with the keys.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Was there a key to your house on the missing key ring also? If so, you might want to think about changing the locks on your home also.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:49 PM
jerzey, the cop asked me if we (me and the cop) wanted to wait and see who came and got in it and left in it, at that point i didnt care, i just wanted the car back, because i looked in it and upholstry and interior were fine, and i didnt want to chance someone getting into it, then maybe having to get into a chase with them and it get tore up more or something unnessecary. GB150, the key they took from the car was the spare key, all it had on it was the key fob, no house key or anything, so the home locks are fine, and its already in work getting the new door lock and ignition switch changed along with two new keys so that they cant get back in with the spare set. they may try to get back into it when its back from the dealership, but that first nite its back in the driveway, ill be awake and alert.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: well it finally happened to me!!!