"What's your hurry today, sir?"

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post "What's your hurry today, sir?"

Are state troopers trained to say that when they pull someone over for speeding? How many? How fast? and How expensive?
Me...
-88 in a 70 and 78 in a 70 (this one pissed me off)
-the first one cost $138 (ouch it still hurts) and the second one was another 92...MEEK

------------------
1997 Black 4x4 F-150 XLT 4.6L 285/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's Eagle Alloy Wheels, K&N Airfilter, Flowmaster Exhaust, Dual tips off of one pipe. Nerf Bars, Brush guard, 2 Ralley Lights, Sony X-plod head unit, Jensen 500 watt amp, Sony X-Plod 10" Sub

sooner or later: a lift and bigger mud terrain tires
meek47@f150driver.com

Old 05-09-2001, 06:44 PM
man, fines in your state are expensive! here it would have been $50 and $40 (most likely)

i can't speak for troopers, but i like to ask a different question every time so that it's never a "routine" traffic stop. and i usually try to ask something directly related to why i pulled over the driver. but not always.

"ma'am, you look upset. is there something i should know about"--lady explained that her granddaughter had just been involved in a serious accident and she was passing people on the right (two lane--one each direction--canyon road) so she could get to the hospital to be with the granddaughter. i gave her a warning and made her promise me she would drive the speed limit and not pass anyone until she got to the hospital--no sense having two patients in the hospital that afternoon.

"i'm sure there's a good reason you ran through that stop sign. would you mind telling me what that reason is?"--guy said it was nighttime and so he knew there were no cars coming because he couldn't see any headlights. of course, he blew right past me (i was nearly right next to the stop sign) without seeing me... oh yeah, did i mention his vision of the road he was turning onto was obstructed by some huge weeping willows?

"i've been following you with my lights and siren for the past five miles. any reason why you didn't stop back there?"--guy said that some kids in his town mounted some flashing lights to there car and twice he'd been fooled by them into pulling over. he wasn't about to fall for it again. this is the same guy that was playing chicken with a semi at 90 while i chased him. and he thought i wasn't really the police....

------------------
"flexible hips mean higher steps"

2001 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4 5.4L Auto in Silver
optional equipment: carpet delete, tow package, power adjustable pedals, "man"ual 4wd shift lever, law enforcement scanner, CB w/PA, spray-in Speedliner, Streamlight Stinger, Graco infant car seat
quickdraw.f150online.net
quickdrawf150@hotmail.com

Old 05-09-2001, 07:17 PM
1) 68 in a 45 = over $120 17 at the time
2) 75 in a 55 = about $75 17.5 at the time
I think there was another one after those but can't remember...
got a verbal warning one time. Was doing over 90 in a 55.

------------------
1998 F-150 3 doors
4.6L 5sp
limited slip 3.55

Old 05-09-2001, 07:31 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PBCrisis:
got a verbal warning one time. Was doing over 90 in a 55.
</font>
OK so now we know why you call yourself Crisis, ...but the PB?
Peanut Butter?
Pretty Bad?
Peculiar Background?
Pain (in the) Butt?

------------------
Andthensometoo ®
"Moonlight Blue" 98 F150 SC (FREAKING SUPER CAB!)
XLT 2WD 4.6, 3.55 LS Tow Pkg.
SUPERCHIP, K&N Airbox mod. w/ "Cool" intake,
Mobil One Oil, Bosch +4's, Throttle Body Spacer Plate. Lund Fastback, Lighted visor, Runninng Boards, Crome Taillight covers, Polished Steel Fenderwell Moldings, Smoked Rain guards, Black Metallic Bug Guard & Bed rails, Independently operated Driving/fog Lights, Shelf-it,
Carpet dash cover, "Andthensometoo" in silver Letters 3" tall on tail gate.
275/60 Pirelli Scorpian Zero's (rated @149mph as if) on KMC Inferno's!!
Red Wings license plate in front,
Red Wings license plate frame in back,
Little Detroit Viper hanging from mirror,
Oh yeah, and one "Blacked-out" grill.
<A HREF="http://www.andthensometoo.com" TARGET=_blank> </A> <A HREF="http://www.Mi-Area-Ford-Trucks.com" TARGET=_blank> </A>

BuiltFordTough@Andthensometoo.com
Rocks don't move unless pushed, and neither do chevys!"

Old 05-09-2001, 08:10 PM
Second computer I ever had was a Packard Bell
I think/Pray they have gone bust.