Son of a .....

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Son of a .....

Parked on a hill, had a canoe in the back of the truck and a friend had parked his dads truck behind me(a 97-03 f150). When I went from park to drive thu truck rolled back and the canoe hit his truck and left a huge dent right behind the rear wheel. they got an estimate on the repair and said that it would $900 to fix. My question is have you guys ever successfully poped sonething like that out. If not what should I do with the insurance and that kind of thing? What will be cheaper for me?

Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM
First off that sucks, but with my experience in these kinds of things its better to really just pay for it and not get your insurance involved. Then again it does depend on your deductible, and driving record. If you have a high deductible 500 and up I would advise you to just pay for it because then your insurance will not go up. But if you have a low deductible then see what the insurance company has to say.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm 17. My parents take care of the insurance. This is the first time a vehicle I was driving has come into contact with another.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by golden-lariat
I'm 17. My parents take care of the insurance. This is the first time a vehicle I was driving has come into contact with another.
just pay outright then. insurance will go up more then what it will cost to fix it.

i got lucky in a fender bender in a parking lot (no damage done to my truck other then a small dent in the metal part of the bumper, his car had both his drivers side doors caved in) and the police and insurance company both said it was no fault so my insurance didnt change.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:20 PM
offer to pay the deductible after they report it as an uninsured driver's fault.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:56 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Parked on a hill, had a canoe in the back of the truck and a friend had parked his dads truck behind me(a 97-03 f150). When I went from park to drive thu truck rolled back and the canoe hit his truck and left a huge dent right behind the rear wheel. they got an estimate on the repair and said that it would $900 to fix. My question is have you guys ever successfully poped sonething like that out. If not what should I do with the insurance and that kind of thing? What will be cheaper for me?

without pics / seeing it in person it's impossible to tell if the dent can be repaired without needing paint work

I'm wondering: what happened to the brakes???

Old 05-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Suspended
i had a huge dent on my 02 screw from a 2x4 cost me $300 to get the dent out of the hood and a full repaint

Old 05-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol

Old 05-17-2009, 12:13 PM
My question is have you guys ever successfully poped sonething like that out.
Not an F150, but I have seen this little truck thing get poped out:

Old 05-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If not what should I do with the insurance and that kind of thing? What will be cheaper for me?
I promise I am not trying to be an *** here.....

But if I did something to damage a friends truck I would not be asking what is cheaper for "me". I would be bending over backwards to make my friends truck as right as I could possible make it. No matter the cost. In fact, I would be asking him, what would make him happy. Forget the insurance and trying to work the system.

My best friend had a woman open her door hard onto his brand spanking new 2008 F150 last year. He was sitting in the truck. He confronted her (to her surprise) and her very first reaction was to ask him..."My car is newer than your truck....it is a 2007 ...what year is your truck"? To which he replied....it still has the 30 day tag on it..I just bought it.

The dent was significant! She looked at it and said....its not that bad, in fact from most angles you cannot even see the dent.

I was like WTF? She admits to a dent, then tries to make it like his truck is older than her car (as if that matters) and then she wants him to ignore it?

It amazes me how people want to view situations they have gotten themselves into, when really, isnt it best just to do the right thing?

I realize things are tight...money is scarce....etc. But doing the right thing does not have disclaimers and friends are hard to come by.

Now I am not saying you are trying to weasel out of anything. Clearly you want to make it right. But just have him fix it to his satisfaction, and then pay the bill.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Check with your insurance company...most at fault accidents won't affect your rates unless the insurance company pays out a certain amount. With State Farm in Georgia, the magic number is $1,500.00. It varies by state and company though. In your case, if you were in GA and the damage is only $900, the other person can sign a release once the payment is made and it won't affect your rates a bit.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by inbred
Not an F150, but I have seen this little truck thing get poped out:

booooooo!

Old 05-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by chiefFX4
offer to pay the deductible after they report it as an uninsured driver's fault.

I wouldn't tell the insurance company this.... Just tell them the truth or pay it out of your pocket....

James

Quick Reply: Son of a .....