Countertop and Sink Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Countertop and Sink Questions

Hey All,

I will be remodeling the Kitchen in my house here very shortly. We have already bought the cabinets and countertops, but wanted to see if anybody had any experience with the countertops and possibly the sink we are getting.

We ended up going with a Silestone countertop. Does anybody have one this type of countertop and if so, how do you like it thus far? Any pros or cons? We looked at Granite, which is what I wanted, but the price threw it right out the window.

The countertop also comes with a free stainless sink, however, we both saw a black granite sink that would look perfect in the kitchen. Does anybody have any experience with a granite sink, and if so, whats your review on it? We currently have a stainless sink, and although its nice, it is all scratched up from silverware, pots, pans, etc... and we feel that the same would happen in time to a new stainless sink.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxs Donkey
Hey All,

I will be remodeling the Kitchen in my house here very shortly. We have already bought the cabinets and countertops, but wanted to see if anybody had any experience with the countertops and possibly the sink we are getting.

We ended up going with a Silestone countertop. Does anybody have one this type of countertop and if so, how do you like it thus far? Any pros or cons? We looked at Granite, which is what I wanted, but the price threw it right out the window.

The countertop also comes with a free stainless sink, however, we both saw a black granite sink that would look perfect in the kitchen. Does anybody have any experience with a granite sink, and if so, whats your review on it? We currently have a stainless sink, and although its nice, it is all scratched up from silverware, pots, pans, etc... and we feel that the same would happen in time to a new stainless sink.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
That granite sink is probably a composite sink. Which can scratch and stain like coran countertops (It will help if it's black). If it was real granite the price tag would be over $1000. One benefit of the composite sink, much more silent when you do dishes. I'd pick the deepest S.S. sink available. Look at the depth of the sink, which makes it much more useful. The SS sink will be more sanitary. Go undermount regardless of the sink material.

In Ohio Silestone and granite are almost the same price at the base price groups and at the high end colors granite starts to pull away. The Silestone will not stain and need sealing like granite. But you don't get the natural beauty and and veins that the natural granite has. I'd pick granite all day long over manmade Silestone even with the required sealing granite requires.

Choose wisely, you'll be looking at it for a long time.

Quick Reply: Countertop and Sink Questions