Chevy Tracker commercial

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2000, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Chevy Tracker commercial

Anybody see that new Chevy Tracker commercial? It features a broken down Deisil, and some clown in a Chevy Tracker, that thinks he's gonna be able to pull it. I laughed so damn hard, it was the biggest joke. A Tracker Couldn't pull off my shoe!

[This message has been edited by Case15 (edited 10-23-2000).]

Old 10-23-2000, 06:14 AM
Talking

I know - saw it & laughed too! The other 1 I think is ridiculous is the Jeep commercial. Some guy struggles to carry a boulder out of the house, ties it to a pole on the top of his vehicle & uses it as an "incentive" for his "rugged" Jeep to go! Maybe they should use a TRACKER as the ROCK! LOL!

------------------
If you can't beat 'em, you're NOT driving a FORD!

'97 F150 XLT ORP 4X4
4.6L/auto/power EVERYTHING,
nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,
6 CD changer, lumbar support & 3 cow license plates - so far!
I'll fill in the rest as I get to know the truck better BUT it's big, it's pretty & best of all - IT'S A FORD! He's SO cute!

Old 10-23-2000, 08:37 AM
Typical chevy guy in the commercial, thinks he AND his GM truck are invincible.

Old 10-23-2000, 08:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

The funny thing is that the Tracker is a Suzuki!!! They just do not call it Geo anymore.

Old 10-23-2000, 02:50 PM
Lightbulb

Chevy does not have the market cornered on stupid commericals.

I spent two weeks after buying my SCrew convincing my wife that it was not a "redneck truck" but a truck designed for the professionals who needed hauling capibilities, with refined features and great driving traits. The adjustable pedals were a perfect example of that. I almost had her convinced when we are watching tv one night and the Ford F-150 commercial where the guy is eating his steak just the way he likes it: Tough. Then it pans outside to show his new F-150.

My wife was like "yeah, they are after that professional market that you are a part of with that commerical."

So while the tracker one is pretty stupid, the Ford F-150 of the guy gnawing on a tough steak is pretty bad too. I love my truck, but that commerical is pretty bad.

------------------
MIKEnTN

2001 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4
Toreador Red with Silver Two Tone, Med. Graphite Int., 5.4 V-8, 3.55 Limited Slip, Class III towing, Skid Plates, 17" Alum Wheels, Sliding Rear Window, Remote Keyless Entry, Rhino Liner.

AWESOME Truck!

Old 10-23-2000, 06:32 PM
Thumbs down

I saw it; way out there. I think with that vehicle they should stay away from towing and do something funny like VW, since it's a joke!

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back,
3" exit Y-pipe, Hellwig rear anti-sway bar,
Rancho RS9000s.

Old 10-26-2000, 11:43 PM
IKE
"like a rock, it just sits on the side of the road.." today's chevrolet (sic)

Old 10-27-2000, 12:48 AM
Gee whiz, guys! Give Chevy a break. It was just a joke, just like the Tracker is a joke.

Old 10-27-2000, 07:56 AM
Well actually, you guys are going to kill me but that little Suzuki kicks *** as a little SUV!!!! We took it for some test drives into the mountain trails and it went where the high-tech Merc SUV couldn't go! Its well built and I recommend buying one

Old 10-27-2000, 09:40 AM
ok well i might as well admit it. we just bought one of those suzuki's for my girlfriend.it is actually perfect for what she does, (house cleaning) she can haul all her cleaning supplies and still have room for the kids.
thing actually rides pretty good, took it hunting already once and it had no trouble in the woods. and it actually has a real 4wd system with actual hubs. unfortunately their not manual but at least no goofy all wheel drive system.
the best part of all though was that she sold her shovie pickup to get this one.

Quick Reply: Chevy Tracker commercial