What was she thinking?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2000, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I hear you!!! I too had a young girl run into the rear of my truck. I jumped out and gave her a piece of my mind. Plus I had my young son with me and I made sure to include her trying to practacally kill him. When I did calm down and actually look at the damage, it was all to her car and nothing to my truck. Thats when I advised her to next time to actually use her brakes instead of the vehical in front of her for stopping. Hopefully the girl that hit you learned a "life" lesson that will make her a better driver.

Old 09-30-2000, 07:12 PM
Wink

Sounds like you both came out ok; both people ok. It's normal for auto lovers to protect their vehicles like family. I had a beer delivery man run a beer dolly into my wife's Supra while he looked at it. I was embarrassed later by what I told him, and apologized. The hassle of super nice cars drove me to buy a work truck this time...lol

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
Class III tow/Payload #3/Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back,
3" exit Y-pipe, Hellwig rear anti-sway bar.

Old 10-01-2000, 12:29 AM
Post What was she thinking?

This morning, I was at a stoplight, waiting for it to change, listening to some John Conlee. Slightly louder than the music, I hear this mumbled shatter and I'm jiggled a little. I look behind me and a girl tried to squeeze her little car behind me to get into the turning lane. The adrenaline started to flow as she and her boyfriend pulled up next to me. I said, "What were you thinking?!?!"... obviously overdoing it. Poor girl. I didn't try to calm myself down before I said that. She looked terrified. She asked to pull over onto the side road and inspect any dammage. We did. I got out and walked directly to my bumber, where there was not a single scratch visible. Her front/passenger blinker was broke (looked like she needed a new one anyway). Imediately, I was pulled up from hell into reality, patted her on the back, and appologized as sincere as I could for reacting the way I did. Just had to vent. Now, it all seems so petty. But not when your truck is bumped and you hear a shatter.

------------------
1999 F150 4x4 5.4L XLT X-Cab, Tow Pkg, ORP,heavy duty alternator, factory tranny and engine oil cooler. 8.8 front/9.75 LS rear, 3.55 gears, K&N Gen II, 40 Flomaster (w/4" chrome tip), Superchip, 32x11.50 Swampers. My truck: http://www.tamor.org/membersandrides/joelclarke.html
future mods: JBA headers (Jet-hot coated), Flex-a-lite, JL Audio subs, Sony CD-Player, Magnacharger, cowl induction, straight axle conversion (8 inch lift w/crossover steering), 4.56 gears, 38.5x16 Boggers, Dana 60 front, Dana 70 rear (Detroit locker)

Old 10-01-2000, 10:23 AM
Angry

I had a woman hit my bumper coming through a light. We stopped and I was MAD! Walking back I noticed it was an elderly woman. I didn't let my emotions get the best of me... instead I asked if she was OK. She starts going off about how I backed into her! I'm biting my tongue as she goes off, because I just can't yell at a "little old lady" even though she deserves it.

A cop pulls up, hears her and tells me to go wait in my truck. After a couple of minutes he starts walking towards my truck, and he looks pissed! So I'm thinking just great, he believes her, and I'm ready to get blamed for something she did.

Much to my relief, the cop was sitting at the corner and had actually witnessed the accident. The reason he was so mad was because even after he told her that he witnessed it, she still insisted I backed into her. She told him she expected him to arrest me!

I try to be calm when stuff like that happens, because after all it is usually an "accident". But this one took the cake.

Old 10-02-2000, 01:23 PM
btr
You should have insisted he arrest the 'little old lady' and get her off the road!

Old 10-09-2000, 02:32 PM
Angry

I agree. I had a similar run-in with an elderly man years back. I am a pretty reasonable and courteous guy, but sometimes this "respect for elders" thing is a bunch of crap. Repect is a two way street and it should be earned through courtesy, not granted simply because someone has spent more time on this earth than I have. If this woman's (or any individual's) mental faculties are beyond comprehending that, her license should be revoked.

[This message has been edited by Indigo (edited 10-09-2000).]

Quick Reply: What was she thinking?