Ford Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2000, 04:55 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ford Problems

After this last batch of crap I took today I am fed up with my local Ford dealer. They gave me a $200 markup on a keyless entry system and then put it in with 3 hours of labor for &289.00 That is like, $96 an hour I think. If this is the way it is then I am going to be a mechanic when I grow up! The reason for this mail is I need some higher-ups names and possible office adresses and phone numbers. As soon as I get them the letters will go out and the phones will start ringing.

------------------
'97 F-150 XLT Clearcoat Red
4x2
4x4 wheels
Stepside, K&N, bedliner
32inch tires,flowmaster
tint, matching ford sticker
5spd fully loaded, hidden hitch
Comming soon:
spark plugs/wires,leveling kit,toolbox,
bed rails,push bar, CB with whiplash,
clear corner lenses,brush guard, blackouts,
edlebrock shocks, hypertech, K&N induction system,KC highlighters,
bed xtender, BOSE audio or infinity gold, disc changer,
side steps, dixie horn, white faaced gauges, and those small fender flares some 4x4's have,
matching boddy color of course, and some of those door guards,ventshade visors, power pulleys, that is all
i can think of right now

Old 10-04-2000, 07:25 PM
First, you are leaving out the part where you where wronged. Dealers are in business to make money, if you can get something cheaper somewhere else, you should, by all means.

The other day, my buddy called me on his cell to tell me to listen to his brakes. (funny I know) I said where are you? He told me and I said well take it to Flannery Ford, cuz you aren't gonna make it anywhere else. He takes it there, they do what they decide to be covered under warrenty and want to charge $1,000 for the rest. I was about to raise hell and inform them that brakes do not make calipers bad, Bad Calipers make brakes bad, but my buddy decided to drive it partially fixed, to a brake shop where for $600 they would guarantee their materials (even pads) & labor for the life of the vehicle.
Nobody stopped him from leaving the dealership, they even offered to tow him to the brake place.

Point is, you pay what you want to, where you want to.

If, on the other hand, you feel you were charged for work that should have been included and you can prove it, you can argue and get your money back, as others have done when told things were not under warrenty.

Old 10-04-2000, 09:43 PM
Banned
Well after 3 recalls, one of which I had to fight tooth and nail for. And being tossed around today I am tired of this. I am writing them a letter. They have 1 chance. I was wronged and I dont feel the need to go into detail about it here. I have many brothers and sisters and they have everything from Tahoes to Z-71's to 3000GT's and they dont take near the crap I do. So my if this keeps up my next ride will sport a bowtie

------------------
'97 F-150 XLT Clearcoat Red
4x2
4x4 wheels
Stepside, K&N, bedliner
32inch tires,flowmaster
tint, matching ford sticker
5spd fully loaded, hidden hitch
Comming soon:
spark plugs/wires,leveling kit,toolbox,
bed rails,push bar, CB with whiplash,
clear corner lenses,brush guard, blackouts,
edlebrock shocks, hypertech, K&N induction system,KC highlighters,
bed xtender, BOSE audio or infinity gold, disc changer,
side steps, dixie horn, white faaced gauges, and those small fender flares some 4x4's have,
matching boddy color of course, and some of those door guards,ventshade visors, power pulleys, that is all
i can think of right now

Quick Reply: Ford Problems