Explorer owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2000, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Explorer owners

Those of you out there that also own explorers, there seems to be quite a few, is there a site / message board for them?

------------------
all4chem@aol.com
Y2K XLT Supercab Flareside, Oxford White, Medium Graphite, Captains Chairs, 6-Disc, 5.4L, 3.55LS, Tow Pkg, Block Heater, Sliding Glass, Keyless Entry, 5-Spoke Al Wheels, P235/70R-16 OWL Tires, Clear Corner Lenses, Eaglite Plasma Headlights, Al Striker Plates for the rear doors, Oxford White Lund Interceptor, Line-X Liner.
Ordered: 01-17-00
Built: 02-23-00
Delivered: 03-13-00

Old 08-02-2000, 07:27 AM
all4chem,

I am the proud owner of a 98 Explorer (with excellent seats, BTW). It is the only vehicle I have decided I will keep for as long as possible. I will have it around for a third car someday. I think it is one of Fords best ever vehicles. My soon to be wife drives it about 100 miles a day. There are a few websites dedicated to the Explorer, mostly off-roading and customization oriented sites. Nothing like this site. I have them saved somewhere and will post them later.

Old 08-02-2000, 08:13 AM
Talking

I had a 98 sport 4.0 sohc Loved it! Had a FIPK, Jet chip, Borla cat-back, plus lots more I Sold it for my Y2K 150 Love that more but wish I could have both but 2 cars and 3 4X4's is to much! This is a great page for explorer owners http://www.4x4central.com

------------------
*2000 Gold xlt f150
*5.4 4x4 3.55 ls
*sc orp pkg
*tow pkg, 17 inch wheels
*herculiner, keyless ,
*GTS buggard II
*Painted gold

*Mopar = More-Parts
*Mopar = Slowpar

Old 08-02-2000, 08:16 AM
Thanks for your help, I did find one site geared mainly toward off-roading.

I am curious if anyone has added factory fog lights to an XLS right now but I'm sure other questions will arise with time. My father picked it up Monday and I'm proud to say he traded a GMC Jimmy for it.
He had strayed from Fords for quite a while as his last two were a '74 Maverick and a '78 Fairmont Wagon, both were nothing but problems.
Now that I have him on the straight and narrow, I have to keep him happy with mods.

Thanks again

Old 08-03-2000, 12:08 AM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
I hope you guys do not have the Explorers with Firestone tires. Last I heard the government claims 21 deaths to the tread coming off. But, I am not sure.

Old 08-03-2000, 01:32 AM
True enough about explorers having the Wilderness series of Firestone tires on them, but many F-150's have come equipped with the Wilderness HT tires too. Nobody seems to know if that series of tires shares the same issue as the more agressive AT's, ATX's and ATX II's. Of course, when you factor in how many of these tires are on the road, the numbers seem small, although I can't and wouldn't tell that to anyone who has been affected by the problem. At the same time, I'm not going to worry about it either, for the time being.

------------------
1997 F150 XLT, Flareside , Moonlight Blue, 4x2, SC, Auto, 4.6L, 3:08, Cargo Cover by Century, Blue Oval reciever hitch plug, Driver Design bug deflector, 235/70/16 Firestone Wilderness AT's, sliding rear window, captain's chairs, Valvoline Durablend Oil, Purolator Pure One Oil Filter, and 107,000 miles and counting!

Old 08-03-2000, 08:10 AM
I thought the Firestone problem was related to Z-rated performance tires, not the Wilderness. Agreed, the Firestone tires on my Explorer really suck.

Trending Topics

Old 08-03-2000, 01:28 PM
Cool

Just bought my wife a used 1998 explorer with leather and everything and it has those tires. It was in the news again today and you are right about the 21 deaths. 2 of those were in our town of Jacksonville, FL. This is where the most recent lawsuits that have been filed are at and that is what has brought this back to the news. The also said that Ford/Firestone have already recalled these tires in 7 other countries. I guess that since there are much more of us in this country, the recall is too costly. But at the price of our saftey, is it really worth it. Ford and Firestone both have asked for more time to reply and come up with a solution. If they don't very soon, I will be buying some new tires. (michelin LTX or BFG All Terain TA)

Old 08-03-2000, 01:29 PM
Cool

PS. I also posted about this in the tire section with a link to the article in the Florida Times Union.

Quick Reply: Explorer owners