SEEMS ODD

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-1999, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post SEEMS ODD

It seems odd to me that if someone opens up a
topic like what is you favorite beer or what kind of underwear you prefer, people jump all over those topics and some of the other post
where people have truck related topics sometimes go almost unnoticed, it would seem to me with the number of people getting engines replaced and or trying to because of piston slap. some of those topics would create more traffic. Just my thoughts, i am probably way off base on this one, and don't
get me wrong i sure enjoy reading all the post on this board but sometimes it seems i have spent a lot of time reading and realize didn't really have much to do about our trucks at all i like the personal stuff that's part of what makes coming here fun, well anyway, this is truly a great place to
visit everyday. Truly hope i have not offended anyone in anyway but i have a feeling i will hear about it if i have...

------------------
97 F-150,XLT,4X4,Supercab,bright Red,5.4,3.55 LS,LT265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueller A/T tires,Downey SST soft tonneau cover,56,000 miles, FQR MOTOR.

[This message has been edited by kcdan (edited 11-05-1999).]

Old 11-05-1999, 03:58 PM
Most people will post if they have something to add to a thread or they have a question to ask.

I atively participate in threads when it directly affects me. The flip side is, that if I don't have a problem and I don't have anything to add, I don't post. For instance, I haven't posted anything to the piston slap thread because so much has already been said AND I don't have the problem.

I must admit that if somebody doesn't answer a question that's posted after a couple of days, I feel bad for the person posting. I wonder if that person thinks that nobody cares.

I used to feel that way. However, these days I know that if somebody who has the answer sees the message, that question will be answered.

I guess you're looking at a two edged sword. On the one hand, it seems like few people are posting in serious threads and that might give the impression that nobody cares about serious things. On the other hand, you don't need a lot of kibitzing just for the sake of increasing the thread length.

I love this general area. It's light hearted and often downright funny. I also love the other areas where real problems get solved.

Bottom line, sometimes you just gotta get away from the serious stuff and just talk fluff.

Dennis

Old 11-05-1999, 04:41 PM
Sometimes, I dont know what to say to some truck topics. I enjoy polls because I know what to say.

Old 11-05-1999, 05:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Well most topics have been covered but a few ppl are too lazy to search for them.
If ppl searched the posts not on page1 then they can normally find the answer right then.
And also since many topics are repeated 4 or 5 times don't stop at the first topic you find.
IE there must be at least 10 gas mileage treads.
If you have a question about gas mileage just bring up one of the old topics and post in it and it will come back to the top.

[This message has been edited by 54regcab (edited 11-05-1999).]

Old 11-05-1999, 05:07 PM
54regcab,

I agree with you.

Old 11-05-1999, 07:39 PM
Unhappy

Dennis,

You said "I must admit that if somebody doesn't answer a question
that's posted after a couple of days, I feel bad for the person posting.
I wonder if that person thinks that nobody cares."

What about the person who puts the last post on a thread before it dies?

Hello is anyone there? Did I do it again?

------------------
'00 WHITE/GOLD F150 LARIAT FlareSide SC 5.4 Auto 3.55 LS
Black Westin Nerfs, White Prime Design BugShield,
White Vtech Taillight Covers, K&N Air Filter,
Leather Captain's Chairs (like a screen door in a submarine!),
and all the Lariat goodies
SOME SHOW and a LOTTA TOW
My am E, Fl *** Member of ??? Ford Group

Old 11-05-1999, 07:57 PM
rmarietta,

Nope, I think I did it!

Trending Topics

Old 11-06-1999, 12:23 AM
I hear what you sayin, but I think that there is only so much truck stuff you can talk about, it's pretty much been covered. But I will always love this site, no matter what.

------------------
Patrick aka Mudder
Arlington Texas (DFW), member of Fordified.
Mudder,Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls, Ramsey Pro 8000 hidden winch, Grizzly roll bar,2 Baja lights, 4 165 watt KC lights (I can light up the night with these), Manik grille guard, Westin step bars, Magnum bug shield, Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/S, American Racing Baja wheels, a Mobil Speed Pass on the back window, a F150 Online sticker, and a Stone Cold sticker on the front windshield . More to come for the 3:16 machine: 4 more KC lights, shocks, and tail light guards. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or see pics at me and pony's new website www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8/index2.html, and to hear the exhaust http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8/images/T005.wav

Old 11-06-1999, 12:27 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I agree with you kcdan but, do you really want help with your truck from someone who talks about his underwear in cyberspace?

There are several camps here. Serious Ford people who supply automotive knowledge and give the site a solid foundation and great reputation (these are the people Steve likes). There are college kids who give it energy and imagination. There are those that come in with a chip on their shoulder for whatever reason but, they don't hang around long. There are a lot that read all the posts, respond where they can help and find that they are not alone in this or that problem. There's a few like me who just stir the pot.

Someday something will go on MY truck and you'll hear me squeeling louder than anyone and I'll be upset when everyone doesn't get serious.

Till then I gotta laugh!

[This message has been edited by Raoul (edited 11-05-1999).]

Old 11-06-1999, 06:22 AM
Lightbulb

rmarietta,

Actually, I think the last person probably wrote the difinitive post that summed up what everybody else said and nothing else needs to be said.

The End. (Maybe) ROFLMAO...

Old 11-06-1999, 07:30 AM
I enjoy the collective attitude of the members here. Basically I think many of us are in a similar walk of life whcih may be why we own these trucks to begin with. It is like hanging out with a bunch of buddies. I also think that we get collectively tired of certain mind-taxing topics from time to time such as piston slap, door cracks, etc. It is nice to recount our favorite South Park episodes or just clicking on a heading that says "Got *****?"

I have trouble reading all of the days active topics most of the time, no less typing a response to all of them. I read what I feel I can contribute to first but I avoid sections that are irrelevant to me including the off-road, Super Duty, and Lightning sections. It saves a lot of time.

Truly this is the only message board or chat room I can enjoy just being me. When I go to Yahoo or some other place, (rarely I do) I have to log in as "Thick10inches4U2enjoy" just to get a stir out of the crowd that hangs out there. Then it is the usual chat room pissing contest and mindless chatter with bimbo women and cyber loving guys. You can't just be yourself at those places.

Old 11-06-1999, 11:53 AM
"Thick10inches4U2enjoy"
Are you saying that's not being yourself?....Too bad.

------------------
"Moonlight Blue" 98 F150 SC XLT 2WD 4.6, 3.55 LS Tow Pkg. SUPERCHIP, K&N Airbox mod. w/ "Cool" intake, Mobil One Oil, Bosch +4's. Lund Fastback, Lighted visor, Runninng Boards, Crome Taillight covers, Polished Steel Fenderwell Moldings, Smoked Bug and Rain guards, Shelf-it, Carpet dash cover, Red Wings license plate in front, Red Wings license plate frame in back, Little Detroit Viper hanging from mirror, Oh yeah, and one "Blacked-out" grill.
Gonna get my Bed rails back on, Finally!
Can't find the right Polished steel design, so once I modify the powercoated ones, I will paint them.
Q: Black or Blue?
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/daytona/843/

Old 11-06-1999, 05:33 PM
One point I'd like to add. I usually don't go to the other topics or threads -unless- I need to know something for "my" latest concerns (buying or repairing something on my truck). But I still drop in occasionally just to see what's happening or what the latest Raoul event is.

I like visiting and when I truly need some info about something serious I know where to find it.

Have a good stay,
Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark G (edited 11-06-1999).]

Old 11-06-1999, 07:30 PM
Really Old "Member"
Probably a bit of overkill, but I agree pretty much with Dennis.
I have learned much here, contributed a little, soapboxed a few times and even got really mad a couple of times.
Now, I read the serious/mechanical/problems/solutions threads with great interest, hoping to gain some insight on how to maximize my enjoyment of my truck My truck is for me, as for many of you, more than transportation. It is a hobby, a toy, a diversion from my business and probably something more I don't want to know about.
This thread, within the general board, is my time to enjoy people rather than trucks, even if the topic is more or less truck oriented.
I may never meet one single person on this thread, but I have friends that I made here and will always enjoy.
I like it the way it is.

Bill

------------------
Bill Murray
99.5 Lightning
Oxford White
Bedrug/ARE LSII lid

Tow Package CD Player
Superchip
HobbyTownUSA Graphics
Identical 1/10 Scale Tamiya RC Truck incl. graphics.
Truck interest e-mail:
fastwhitey@myf150.com
4 heavy decals!
Kennesaw (Atlanta) Ga.

Old 11-07-1999, 12:15 AM
You know, I really like this site a lot. So many other sites are nothing but a 'flame-fest' that I don't even go there anymore. Before I first posted and just 'lurked' a while, I could tell that you guys were just normal folks who shared an interest in their trucks, but also had a lot of outside interests too. I guess that's what life is about though isn't it?

I expected to learn more about F-150's, and I have! But I didn't expect to learn so much about people, and I have too. Although I feel a little like a 'poser' only because I still don't have my truck yet, it's still enjoyable to share your truck stories and vicariously drive my truck. Keep it up folks!

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat SB Supercab 4x4 Off-Road pkg, Tow Pkg. 5.4L, Bright Red over Silver, Med. Graphite Guts, Rear Slider, Tow pkg.

Quick Reply: SEEMS ODD