Calling All Cops!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see the pro's and con's to patrolling on car and on motorcycle.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keith_bennett
I see the pro's and con's to patrolling on car and on motorcycle.
Yes, both have their goods and bads. In the extremely hot summer months patrolling on a bike all day with no break from the weather can really get to you. Not to mention wearing a bullet resistant vest, sitting directly on top of a hot motor all day, then getting off it only to stand on the hot asphalt when speaking with a driver and/or penning out a ticket. At the end of the day I'm completely exhausted.

You should see the killer farmer's tan I'm sporting right now I look like a raccoon with brown arms all summer :o

Old 08-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahaha.....plus motorcycles are so dangerous. I feel much safer in a car, but bikes are awesome! I think sitting in the A/C was meant for me.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by keith_bennett
hahaha.....plus motorcycles are so dangerous. I feel much safer in a car, but bikes are awesome! I think sitting in the A/C was meant for me.
Ditto! That is why I don't ride our Harley Davidson much at all on Patrol! Idiot people fail to get out of my way in a Fully Marked CVPI with lights & Siren Blaring when responding to an accident or Emergency call! I feel much safer in my 2008 CVPI, with cold AC & my computer, & stereo!........

Quick Reply: Calling All Cops!