Just a thought

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a thought

The price of gas is up because the price of oil is up. Right? I haven't been in the states in over 4 months. but with the price of oil being up, shouldn't the price of engine oil be up as well? Is it? Just somthing i thought of today, i might be wrong tho...

Old 05-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by polpilot
The price of gas is up because the price of oil is up. Right? I haven't been in the states in over 4 months. but with the price of oil being up, shouldn't the price of engine oil be up as well? Is it? Just somthing i thought of today, i might be wrong tho...
To my knowledge, not as much. Engine oil doesn't take the same refinement steps as gasoline. Less time, money = less for us to pay. Which is why until the invention of low-sulfur diesel and all that crap, diesel was always cheaper than gasoline - less refinement.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by attworth
To my knowledge, not as much. Engine oil doesn't take the same refinement steps as gasoline. Less time, money = less for us to pay. Which is why until the invention of low-sulfur diesel and all that crap, diesel was always cheaper than gasoline - less refinement.
Ok, but the price per barrel for crude oil has gone up almost $50 in the last year. You would think that motor oil would go up in price as well right?

Old 05-01-2008, 03:32 PM
glc
Received 767 Likes on 709 Posts
I'm betting it will in a few months when the oil they are refining now hits the shelves. The oil on the store shelves now probably was refined last year. Not a hell of a lot of petroleum in synthetic blend oil anyway.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Suspended
So when you are all paying $3.50+ for a quart of oil, I will be sticking to the cheap ol' walmart brand

Quick Reply: Just a thought