Ford on top with initial quality

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford on top with initial quality

Looks like Ford & Honda are on top with initial quality.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080407/clm057.html?.v=101

Old 04-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's great news!...........

Old 04-07-2008, 01:30 PM
glc
Received 765 Likes on 708 Posts
I'm a bit concerned that the F-series trucks did not make the top 3 in their class............

A total for 15 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury vehicles are ranked in the top three of their respective segments for either TGW performance, customer satisfaction or both.

The following models are segment leaders:
-- Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 - TGW for sports car
-- Ford Taurus - customer satisfaction for large car
-- Ford Sport Trac - customer satisfaction for medium traditional utility
-- Mercury Milan - TGW for midsize car
-- Lincoln Navigator - TGW and customer satisfaction for large premium
utility

Old 04-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remember last year, when Ford's earnings fell and it was on every major news outlet for at least a week? Bet you don't see this on any major US news channel.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by glc
I'm a bit concerned that the F-series trucks did not make the top 3 in their class............
I'm not surprised, my truck was in the shop about 5 or 6 time within the first 6 months of ownership(although it was only 3 problems, the dealer couldn't get the fix right on the first attempts). I later found out through this site that all of my problems seem to be common, so there are probably several others which contributed to the F-series not being on the list. All in all my truck has been back to the dealer at least 8-10 times in 2 1/2 years.
The wife’s Honda which was purchased at the same time has made it's first trip back to the dealer today for the headliner separating. I consider that pretty damn good initial quality....not good enough for me to go out and buy a foreign truck though....I love my F-150, it's been problem free for about a year now, except for something the dealer screwed up on, It just needed the kinks worked out for the first year and half

Last edited by dkstone05; 04-07-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by dkstone05
I'm not surprised, my truck was in the shop about 5 or 6 time within the first 6 months of ownership(although it was only 3 problems, the dealer couldn't get the fix right on the first attempts). I later found out through this site that all of my problems seem to be common, so there are probably several others which contributed to the F-series not being on the list. All in all my truck has been back to the dealer at least 8-10 times in 2 1/2 years.
The wife’s Honda which was purchased at the same time has made it's first trip back to the dealer today for the headliner separating. I consider that pretty damn good initial quality....not good enough for me to go out and buy a foreign truck though....I love my F-150, it's been problem free for about a year now, except for something the dealer screwed up on, It just needed the kinks worked out for the first year and half
Individual stories basically mean nothing. When you apply statistical analysis, it's almost worthless to look at a single case and base your judgement on that.

My Dad's 2004 has yet to visit the dealer, and my 05 went once for a "possible" leaking tranny valve, but turned out to be overfill.

So based on my family's experience Ford is perfect, right? See my point?

Either way, good news to see Ford continuing to deliver quality products- it's only a matter of time before the public perception catches up.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Suspended
An 8% jump is amazing, Ford is really headed in the right direction. Let's hope this happens with the 09 150 as well

Old 04-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Individual stories basically mean nothing.
Agreed.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by glc

out of 5 competitors in the segment, that is definitely a bad showing

Old 04-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by glc
It only listed the segment leaders, it did not mention if the f-150 was one of the 15 Ford vehicles that were in the top 3 of their class.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Individual stories basically mean nothing. When you apply statistical analysis, it's almost worthless to look at a single case and base your judgement on that.

My Dad's 2004 has yet to visit the dealer, and my 05 went once for a "possible" leaking tranny valve, but turned out to be overfill.

So based on my family's experience Ford is perfect, right? See my point?

Either way, good news to see Ford continuing to deliver quality products- it's only a matter of time before the public perception catches up.
Ok OK

I didn't clarify enough. The problems that have been beat to death here, such as IWE's, steering wheel nibble, and bed shaking. It wasn't meaning to be a personal story but one that shows there were several very common problems that in which more than likely was a contributing factor that the F-150 did not make the list. I did not intend the previous statement to imply that most F-150's have problems in initial quality but there are several common problems that have been discussed here but this site does not serve as a true statistical sample of the population. I didn't mean to sound like a Ford basher, hell I hated that the wife wanted a Honda but I couldn't win that argument. It is nice to see Ford stepping up the game, It is just my opinion that they still had some more kinks to work out on the F-150's before they brought them out and that is the reason it is not on the list.

Last edited by dkstone05; 04-07-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Agreed.

So I guess that would make the majority of brand bashing that goes on here "worthless"?

Old 04-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
Agreed.

So I guess that would make the majority of brand bashing that goes on here "worthless"?
Not at all, we enjoy it.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
Agreed.

What would the fun be in that. Everyone here knows that Ford has always been the best built truck and has never had a lemon. Heck they might as well close the service departments Everything vehicle will have it's problems, it's just how many of them of does it affect and severity of the problems.

I always enjoy giving my brother a hard time since he bought a cheby the same time I bought my Ford, even though he has not not had a problem with it yet. Every time he brings up the problems I've had but I always tell him just wait until yours is out of warranty the POS will fall apart but my Ford will be A ok

Last edited by dkstone05; 04-07-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by scott1981
Not at all, we enjoy it.
And do a hell of a job at it!

Quick Reply: Ford on top with initial quality