window decals

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
window decals

im getting my new, well newer truck tommarow and the previous owner had one of the full window decals on the back window and im not sure how to remove it. i know its on the ouside, i was thinking about using a heat gun and trying to melt the glue on the backside and then scrapping it off. if anyone has any better suggestions please let me know
thanx

Old 02-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I got a S.O.S. pad and some dish soap and it takes'em right off... but it shouldn't do anything to the window because the tint is permanent.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ademartin1
im getting my new, well newer truck tommarow and the previous owner had one of the full window decals on the back window and im not sure how to remove it. i know its on the ouside, i was thinking about using a heat gun and trying to melt the glue on the backside and then scrapping it off. if anyone has any better suggestions please let me know
thanx
You're spot on with your attack.

If you have any residue, utilize a product like 3M Adhesive Remover or Goo Gone.

G'luck and congrats on the new ride!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
You're spot on with your attack.

If you have any residue, utilize a product like 3M Adhesive Remover or Goo Gone.

G'luck and congrats on the new ride!
Couldn't agree more Heat up a corner with a blow drier (heat gun what ever) and start peeling back from the edge. If it's stubborn, just give her more heat

Quick Reply: window decals