Marines Really Are This Dumb!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06 SANDSTONE
Sounds like some body's been blowin tere way to the top !! Plus my Army recruiter was just fine for no reason... 27 Year old, only nine years in the Army, (E-7) SFC Joane Finley. Lord Have mercy, she was fine... (You have any idea how hard/rare it is to make E-7 in 9 years- if you're not in infantry?)
Not that hard, I know several who made it (including myself) in under 8.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TexasFatboy
I can’t believe this “boot” has all you veterans so worked-up.
This is my point exactly.

All I've every given away is deployment month, which you can read in the Army times, and the type of people in my company as far as job type. Please, tell me all the info I've given you yourself cant get off riley.army.mil or the army times.

You call saying we deploy in August giving away movement details. Wow. Even if I gave the day, which I dont recall, but may have, still is released in the Army times.

This newbie straight out of boot camp E-1 has NCOs of the Marines all worked up. Whats that say about your NCO corp?

Old 02-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OrdnanceCorps

All I've every given away is deployment month, which you can read in the Army times, and the type of people in my company as far as job type. Please, tell me all the info I've given you yourself cant get off riley.army.mil or the army times.

You call saying we deploy in August giving away movement details. Wow. Even if I gave the day, which I dont recall, but may have, still is released in the Army times.

This newbie straight out of boot camp E-1 has NCOs of the Marines all worked up. Whats that say about your NCO corp?
Ordnance, is an army "Tool". Read none of the thread, and half your reposted tasteless joke. What are ya, an enlisted private?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by OrdnanceCorps

What it says about my NCO corps is that we actually care what is said about or service. We take pride, as you should, in that which we believe.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
Ordnance, is an army "Tool". Read none of the thread, and half your reposted tasteless joke. What are ya, an enlisted private?
Not even an E2... how sad. Prolly not old enough to drink either...

Old 02-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Turbo77
Not even an E2... how sad. Prolly not old enough to drink either...
I was raised by a Marine who served in Nam. I was even born in Yuma because of it. It annoys me to see any parts of our service bashed.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:27 PM
With the exception of the few "young" and immature, I think most of us are fine with a little FRIENDLY rivalry. There are of course those, I say again- young, people fresh out of training who are serious, but those of us who have been in awhile and have been downrange (several times) have every right to poke fun at our brother servicemembers. I served 6 years in the Army, and going on 4 years in the Air Force, and I make fun of both (given the circumstance), and laugh at any joke that is funny- regardless of whether or not it is aimed at my service.

I think that we should disregard any serious bashing against any service as the rants of immature individuals.
Just like you would at any teenager who "knows it all."

Old 02-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Suspended
Good point!

Quick Reply: Marines Really Are This Dumb!