F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion-55/)
-   -   Money (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/319846-money.html)

gators241987 02-06-2008 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by '04 F150
Im 18 in school I have a job but it only pays the basics truck payment, insurance, gas, lunch ect. I need some saving up cash to get a 8" lift. Know anyways, anything goes!

sell yourself, sell drugs, rob people, start a pyramid scheme, become a pimp, get another job, drop out of school and enlist in military, take out a loan, hope a relative dies, pawn your parents valuable jewelry... i can think of anything else, but everyone else feel free to add to this. :devil:

RightTurn 02-06-2008 11:01 PM

Im 18 in school I have a job but it only pays the basics truck payment, insurance, gas, lunch ect. I need some saving up cash to get a 8" lift. Know anyways, anything goes!

find the fatest ugliest chicks you know and tell them you'll nail em for $50 bucks a pop. :eek:

thats what i did in school :thumbsup: once your name gets out there the price goes up.

you'd be amazed at how many fatties dont get the lovin they need, and how often they keep calling you.

Gotts2BMe 02-06-2008 11:03 PM

If you can afford it giver hell. You only live once. and by afford it I mean don't be taking out loans to mod your sh^t. I have $3500 in aftermarket stuff into my truck at 20 years old and everything is paid for including the truck.

Gotts2BMe 02-06-2008 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by RightTurn
find the fatest ugliest chicks you know and tell them you'll nail em for $50 bucks a pop. :eek:

thats what i did in school :thumbsup: once your name gets out there the price goes up.

you'd be amazed at how many fatties dont get the lovin they need, and how often they keep calling you.

for real?

gators241987 02-06-2008 11:08 PM

hmm, thats an interesting idea. i will have to put an add out in facebook. i could def use $50 a pop. shoot, do that 6 times a day 7 days a week, who the hell needs a job. thats $109K right there. And its tax free. :beers:

johnnyd2723 02-06-2008 11:14 PM

Guess I'm not the only one drinkin' tonight!!!:lol: :beers:

RightTurn 02-07-2008 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyd2723
Guess I'm not the only one drinkin' tonight!!!:lol: :beers:

:rocker: you think thats funny, you should hear me when i AM drinking :lol:

NCSU_05_FX4 02-27-2008 01:16 PM

One of our younger field guys collects all the wiring scraps and such for the copper value, about 2.50 a lb. He made 500.00 in January in scrap.

You mean steals it from construction sites? :lol: There's quite a problem with that as the price for copper keeps going up...

- NCSU

oscar_a_wiggy 02-27-2008 01:36 PM

there is only one way to accumulate wealth..... and that is "slowly".
get rich quick schemes never work and winning the lottery is the ultimate long shot. create a budget and save $x per week (or month). look around to see if you can get a better paying job... or go to school and then get a better paying job. dude.... you're only 18. you have a long time to go. there will be other trucks. don't rush it.

just my opinion - oaw

remember this quote:
there is only one way to accumulate wealth..... and that is "slowly".

Shinesintx 02-27-2008 01:44 PM

Your 18...Go for it!!!

There's all kind of ways to earn extra $. What can you do? What do you do?One of our younger field guys collects all the wiring scraps and such for the copper value, about 2.50 a lb. He made 500.00 in January in scrap.

At 18, does he really need to spend all his time working for a toy? Would his time not be better served enjoying his youth, rather that working?

Shinesintx 02-27-2008 01:45 PM

What if he's ugly?

Raoul 02-27-2008 02:47 PM

...I need some saving up cash to get a 8" lift. Know anyways, anything goes!

You don't need to save, just open up a checking account with 5 bucks and they give you checks. :banana:

BennyHanna 02-27-2008 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Shinesintx
At 18, does he really need to spend all his time working for a toy? Would his time not be better served enjoying his youth, rather that working?

I agree with this. When I was 16 I got a job and took out a loan for a 1970 Impala 2dr. I worked my tail off so I could mod it and put gas in it. My car was the envy of nearly everybody in my HS, but because of that I didn't have time to play football my junior or senior year, I couldn't go out for the golf team again (I lettered my freshman and sophomore year though). I missed a bunch of parties and stuff because I was working. Sure it was fun and I really miss the car, but sometimes I wish I would have just been a HS kid and done some of those things. There will always be cars and trucks to mod, but there are some things that you'll never have the opportunity to do again.

ManualF150 02-27-2008 03:02 PM

I work, and I still have tons of time to party... pay for my truck, and do crazy and ugly mods.

Someone told me the other day that my truck was the most disgusting thing he's ever witnessed as a F150. I said, "Thanks!" :lol:

Yeah.... I am going to get a plastic 4 leaf clover and put it on my grill... :lol:

azmidget91 02-27-2008 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by gators241987
sell yourself, sell drugs, rob people, start a pyramid scheme, become a pimp, get another job, drop out of school and enlist in military, take out a loan, hope a relative dies, pawn your parents valuable jewelry... i can think of anything else, but everyone else feel free to add to this. :devil:

i knew a kid that did atleast half of this in hs but it wasnt for his car it was for drugs.....

we knew him as coke head james, he pawned his moms jewelry, he sold drugs(DMX actually stole some from him during a sale), he stole stuff, he took out loans, he con'ed people........havent seen him since the last day of senior year, and dont care if i ever see him again