Instrumentation Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instrumentation Question

I have a hw due and I need to be able to graph some sine and square waves. Does anyone by chance know of any websites or free software that would allow me to graph these problems?

jrbhc8

Old 02-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I use MATLAB... but I got that from my college... because I took some graduate level mathematic courses.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I have access to that, but I have never used it before. How hard do you think it would be to graph a square and sine wave?

jrbhc8

Old 02-01-2008, 07:44 PM

Not hard.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Use a graphing calculator? That's what I do for pretty much all math nowadays..

Old 02-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Yeah I just graph it on my Ti-89 and then go to the table to get the coordinates.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by jiggle
Yeah I just graph it on my Ti-89 and then go to the table to get the coordinates.
Yeah, I love my ti-89... I also got the Graphlink and everything.

I want a ti-93 graphing computer... those are wicked awesome.

I luv math.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Yeah, I love my ti-89... I also got the Graphlink and everything.

I want a ti-93 graphing computer... those are wicked awesome.

I luv math.
I got my Ti-89 back in 10th grade and I'll say that without it I wouldn't have passed math. Do you actually know how to use all the functions on it? I laugh every time I see somebody with one who doesn't realize that the calculator will do absolutely everything for you. It's nice being able to punch in an equation exactly as it's given and then hit "solve" and out pops the answer.

I also use the Numeric Solver a lot. Just put in any formula, then you can punch in whatever variable you know and it will solve the rest for you. Clear the variables out and repeat as needed.

I almost went with a Ti-92, which is the same thing but with w qwerty keyboard. Then I read that you are not allowed to use a qwerty equipped calculator on most standardized tests like the SAT and ACT. So the 89 it was.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by jiggle
I got my Ti-89 back in 10th grade and I'll say that without it I wouldn't have passed math. Do you actually know how to use all the functions on it? I laugh every time I see somebody with one who doesn't realize that the calculator will do absolutely everything for you. It's nice being able to punch in an equation exactly as it's given and then hit "solve" and out pops the answer.

I also use the Numeric Solver a lot. Just put in any formula, then you can punch in whatever variable you know and it will solve the rest for you. Clear the variables out and repeat as needed.

I almost went with a Ti-92, which is the same thing but with w qwerty keyboard. Then I read that you are not allowed to use a qwerty equipped calculator on most standardized tests like the SAT and ACT. So the 89 it was.
Yeah, I meant ti-92, the one with the keyboard on it.

I got the ti-89 for the same reason... those SAT and ACT tests, along with the NYS Regents Exams...

I got some interesting apps for it...

Guess what I used to do during lunch time and during math class when my teacher was reviewing homework? I used to copy games onto the calculator and play them... or get the link cable and give them to the kids that have the ti-83... however, some programs would only be dedicated for the 89 and won't work on the 83... and vice versa.

Ohhh, the days...

Old 02-02-2008, 08:25 AM
I went through high school the hard way with a 10 dollar casio calculator. I had it from the 7th grade until college. Once I sarted college, I bought a TI 89Titanium and have been running that ever since. I love the simul eq solver, ME Pro, and notefolio. I had a circuits teacher that encouraged us to store things in our calculator like equations for the test. Just go into notefolio and type them up. So easy.

jrbhc8

Quick Reply: Instrumentation Question