Thank you....

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 12-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great clip, When I returned from Viet Nam in 1971, I got the opposite. I was told to get into civilian cloths as soon as possible. So I changed cloths in the bathroom at Seatac terminal so no one would notice. It would have been a privilege to have had someone thank me.

Last edited by wrench007; 12-16-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by wrench007
Great clip, When I returned from Viet Nam in 1971, I got the opposite. I was told to get into civilian cloths as soon as possible. So I changed cloths in the bathroom at Seatac terminal so no one would notice. It would have been a privilege to have had someone thank me.
Im so sorry thats how you were greated coming home. Im not from your country but just north of you and I thank you.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:42 PM
When I am in uniform, I have so many vietnam, korean, d-storm, etc vets come thank me. They give me a little war story of theirs, shake my hand, pat my back, and tell me to drive on. I tell them thanks, I am here because of them. It's true is so many ways.

"Lest we never forget all of our fallen soldiers" Never, never, they've taken their toll.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's a shame "we" don't treat soldiers with more respect. I think of it as an honor everytime I shake a soldiers hand and say thanks.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
I wasn't even a twinkle in my daddy's eyes yet, but I will thank you now.....

THANK YOU!!!!

Because of you and your friends and your sacrifices, I am able to be here today enjoying the life I have.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:02 PM
It is an Honor to Thank You! And lets not forget those people who did this to these Brave Men are now Running for many Offices across this Country, including President (Commander and Chief)!! This election is these 1960's radicals last stand to control this Country! I say its far time we hold them responsible for what they have done!!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Even the guys like me who haven't put their feet in a combat zone, I train everyday as if I will. It's so when I do, I am prepared. I still sacrafice, not nearly as the guys already gone. I give them many thanks and praises.

When I was younger, I would see a guy with a vet license plate and think, all hes trying to do is get out of a ticket. But now, I realize all he wants is someone to know his sacrifices.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by OrdnanceCorps
Even the guys like me who haven't put their feet in a combat zone, I train everyday as if I will. It's so when I do, I am prepared.
I can tell you now, no amount of training in the world will prepare you for what needs to be done in combat. Try walking down an alley, have a guy next to you get shot, and realize it was by a young kid with an AK.

Thanks to all the men & women serving, past present and future. Stay safe to all my bretheren. Semper Fi!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Well I can't say the training can set emotions. I can say it is meant to set reactions. The right reaction to save yourself and your battles and conquer that situation. I may never know combat, I may never even be a "fobbit." But, I still go to work and bust my *** to learn every skill they tell me is essential for survival and to win. Essentially my survival is their freedom. To me, because in a day to day basis the average Joe citizen doesn't do this, I feel that I sacrifice. The preperation for war itself is one that many will never know. So all those days I spend in the field while my pregnant wife lay in bed lonely. All those days I sit in the Co. Arms room way after those have left to ensure accountability of sensitive items. To those days of PT in rain, snow, or shine. To those countless hours spent on Warrior task and battle drills when all you want to be is home with your family. All the way to being relocated thousands of miles from life friends, and loving family. No, I've never been to war, and I may never see war. I can't say what I would do if my closest battle was taken out in the middle of combat. But, I sacrifice everyday to learn what I should do if it does happen. To react, to hold back those tears, those memories, and to react. I listen to my fellow soldiers who have seen, who have watched their fellow comrade leave in a blink of an eye. I understand. I prepare daily. I prepare for that loss. I prepare for my loss. Like I said, I can't say right now I know combat, but I understand it in my training. With the guys I work with every day. Even when they are lost in our combat scenarios in a MOUT site. For that split moment, I can almost feel the loss. I know it isn't real, but you can understand it. I wake up everyday, I sacrifice too.Hooah.

Last edited by OrdnanceCorps; 12-17-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:11 AM
I salute you for the thanks and appreciate it. I feel better now. Thank you!

Old 12-17-2007, 08:57 AM
If it wasent for the men and women in this great contry fighting for our rights, we would all be lost!! Thank you, and everyone else who has fought, is fighting, and will be fighting for this great nation. I salute you and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. Gods speed!!

Quick Reply: Thank you....