Hey Zaairman . . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Zaairman . . .

Last dinner in Lost Angeles had to be out as all dishes are packed . . .

guess where . . .

Yup. Animal style.

Figured I had to go as they don't have them out on the prairie.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bring me a double double 4×4 with animal fries please!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by The New Mexico Kid™
So you've got everything settled out in the bread basket?
Oh yeah. Closed escrow on the house back in August. Just had to finish business here.

Originally Posted by The Ozark Mountain Daredevil™

Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D

Have a good move man! Did you end up in a Denali?
Negative, holding off on that because I wasn't sure the damn thing would fit in the garage. The Sierra Denali is actualy longer than a Suburban! It's 230 inches long. So I figured I'd wait till I get there to see how long the garage is.

But, then while I'm out here waiting, I start reading forums by Denali owners and it's sounding like it has a number of issues . . . .

So I'm considering something else . . . . but still gonna wait till I'm out there. Also, this way I only have to pay registration fees only once!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by kobiashi
Negative, holding off on that because I wasn't sure the damn thing would fit in the garage. The Sierra Denali is actualy longer than a Suburban! It's 230 inches long. So I figured I'd wait till I get there to see how long the garage is.

But, then while I'm out here waiting, I start reading forums by Denali owners and it's sounding like it has a number of issues . . . .

So I'm considering something else . . . . but still gonna wait till I'm out there. Also, this way I only have to pay registration fees only once!
That and it should have the undercoated undercarriage if you buy it out here too.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
That and it should have the undercoated undercarriage if you buy it out here too.
Yes, and as you and I discussed, I am totally freaked out by this salt thing. Since all I will have is the Lexus I am getting absolutely freaked about driving it on fricken SALT!!!!!! That's insane. And all this time, while thinking about it, since I've had three and a half months to bounce it around in my head, having a new truck . . . regardless of which brand and type it ends up being, I wouldn't want to get salt on it either.

So folks in the new neighborhood tell me to forget the new truck and buy a 4x4 used truck, find a nice used one and drive IT in the snow and salt. Although not a fan of used vehicles, I'm thinking it's not a bad idea in this case.

(I'm probably gonna be taking you with me to tell me if it's a good truck or not).

In the meantime . . . . I'm having a nervous breakdown over this move . . . and now it's finally here . . . oh God . . . . I can't believe I'm doing this!

Old 10-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by kobiashi
Yes, and as you and I discussed, I am totally freaked out by this salt thing. Since all I will have is the Lexus I am getting absolutely freaked about driving it on fricken SALT!!!!!! That's insane. And all this time, while thinking about it, since I've had three and a half months to bounce it around in my head, having a new truck . . . regardless of which brand and type it ends up being, I wouldn't want to get salt on it either.

So folks in the new neighborhood tell me to forget the new truck and buy a 4x4 used truck, find a nice used one and drive IT in the snow and salt. Although not a fan of used vehicles, I'm thinking it's not a bad idea in this case.

(I'm probably gonna be taking you with me to tell me if it's a good truck or not).

In the meantime . . . . I'm having a nervous breakdown over this move . . . and now it's finally here . . . oh God . . . . I can't believe I'm doing this!
I can do that, just let me know.

I honestly wouldn;t worry about salt, what the longest your have kept a vehicle? less than 5 years? Not enough time for the salt to have taken any effect on the vehicle.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:16 AM
Best of luck with your move Kobi. I hope it all goes smoothly. Let us know when you're settled and have access to the outside world again!

Old 10-30-2007, 01:38 AM
You have no idea what you just ordered, do you?

And Kobi, the salt down here really won't affect the vehicles until they're well over 10 years old. Hell, our oldest vehicle (1997 Jeep GC) doesn't even have a lick of rust on it, even on the under carriage, and it's NEVER been undercoated. Let me know when you want to go pickemup shopping. :santa:

Old 10-30-2007, 01:47 AM
It snows in MO?

But I agree, salt ain't a big thing, unless you get stuck behind the brine truck for a few miles and then you need to hit the car wash.

My vehicles always seem to rust more in the summer here in Iowa, must be the mud.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:51 AM
moving is pretty rough. I moved from Orlando Florida to Dallas Texas in December of 06. I knew zero people out here but did have a kickass job lined up so I said what the hell and came out here. The first couple weeks were a little tough but after that you adjust and everything is kosher.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
You have no idea what you just ordered, do you?

4 slices of meat, 4 slices of cheese, 4 pieces of bread, with animals fries.

It's on thier website.

You can also order a double double 6x6 but man I'm never that hungery.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:16 PM
4 slices of meat, 4 slices of cheese, 4 pieces of bread, with animals fries.

It's on thier website.

You can also order a double double 6x6 but man I'm never that hungery.
Not quite... a double double is a burger itself, basically a 2x2. And no matter what the size, it only comes with the top and bottom bun. Now I'm hungry. Wanna drive to Kingman, AZ for lunch?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:33 PM
If I could afford the gas, I'm off until thursday so I have some spare time.....

Old 10-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Cant believe your moving from the good ole southern california kobi.....We will miss you over here! Good luck with the move!

Quick Reply: Hey Zaairman . . .