dude just got an exhaust ticket...roush offroad...cop was a *****...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 07HD
X2, I hate it when people get their panties in a bunch....If the cops bothered to pull you over its cause they heard you, so clearly it was loud. If you have a signed off inspection saying your truck is legal your off the hook, so don't worry about it. But really, you can't run an offroad exhaust system on the road and then get pissed off when you catch some heat for it. Thats why I went with the legal system.
Man I have the O-R exhaust stopped at the muffler with no cats and no cop has ever gave me trouble. If I ever got pulled over for my exhaust being too loud I'd loose it, but I don't have to worry about that down here on this side of the Mason Dixon Line.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Suspended
I'm confused the title says offroad exhaust and than you said in this thread that it was the legal system. Did you forget which one you had?

Old 09-20-2007, 10:34 PM
I love how people believe that cops are perfect and don't ever make things up to catch someone. Come on really how naive can you be it happens, a cop doesn't like your truck or someone in your family so they pull you over and **** with you. It happens a lot in a small town, or atleast where I was from. Then everyone acts like they wouldnt be upset if they got a ticket for there exhaust, even if they knew it was illegal if he wasnt waking up people then there was no need for a ticket.
Blake

Old 09-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by birddog_61
I love how people believe that cops are perfect and don't ever make things up to catch someone. Come on really how naive can you be it happens, a cop doesn't like your truck or someone in your family so they pull you over and **** with you. It happens a lot in a small town, or atleast where I was from. Then everyone acts like they wouldnt be upset if they got a ticket for there exhaust, even if they knew it was illegal if he wasnt waking up people then there was no need for a ticket.
Blake
thank you...and my "friend" wasn't looking out for me...the cop said if you have a state inspection station look at the truck and sign the paper then bring it to the court they will throw out the ticket...i love how its ok for everyone else to vent on the forum but then when i do everyone decides to pick apart my topic....at least birddog_61 sees what i was saying

Old 09-20-2007, 11:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by birddog_61
Blake
thats hard to dispute, I know a guy going into the academy who is always sharing his excitement to knock around a few cops on the force locally when he's given the badge. It's difficult to doubt his committment to this, he was constantly slapped with bull**** fines which amounted to thousands (still in debt). I took witness to many of this, some he deserved, many he certainly didn't. After about the 5th time he was pulled over by the same officer in our small town his attitude changed towards them and it was almost fun to watch, with an attitude he found he was not always 'awarded' a fine. I'm rooting for him.

Last edited by Josiah; 09-20-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I never have had a problem with my Dakota running a Flowmaster 40 series delta flow SI/SI on each bank. When I down gear, it is louder than a tractor trailer jakebraking down a hill... actually... it sounds just like one.

Then again, I drive it modestly... I keep it between 750 to 1500 rpms at night and stay in 5th doing 20 mph through the city... and I don't down shift in the city either.

This is no lie, I was driving on the I90, doing about 68 mph, and I needed to get off an exit, so I went from 5th to 3rd, and that tractor trailer jakebrake noise was there along with some backfires... I got a backfires so loud, it sounded like gun shots.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:02 AM
From what I read about the 'off-road' kit is the fact it cannot pass emissions testing. dBA level shouldn't matter unless you live in one of those kooky towns.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Turd Furguson
From what I read about the 'off-road' kit is the fact it cannot pass emissions testing. dBA level shouldn't matter unless you live in one of those kooky towns.
Hey Turd! (lol!)

How's it affecting emissions, as an after-cat system?

These thingys don't require tune changes, so I just don't see it...

Last edited by MGDfan; 09-21-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
I agree with Turd. I'm going to have to assume the charge in relation to this scenario had something to do with emissions. "Offroad" means "no cats present".

Old 09-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by last5oh_302
I agree with Turd. I'm going to have to assume the charge in relation to this scenario had something to do with emissions. "Offroad" means "no cats present".
Not in this case - it's still an after-cat system, no?

Old 09-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Not in this case - it's still an after-cat system, no?
Not if it's an offroad. Catback systems always include the cat/cats, at least the one's I've looked at have. That's why the offroad packages are always cheaper. They don't include cats.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Not if it's an offroad. Catback systems always include the cat/cats, at least the one's I've looked at have. That's why the offroad packages are always cheaper. They don't include cats.
Although, I may be mistaken here I may be thinking H and X pipes.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey Turd! (lol!)

These thingys don't require tune changes, so I just don't see it...

I am just going by what I have read here on the forums.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...85&postcount=8

Old 09-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Turd Furguson
I am just going by what I have read here on the forums.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...85&postcount=8
Ok. Still don't see it

Anyone wanna explain how a low-restriction muffler and some pipe, added after the cats, would pecker emmissions?

Sound violation - I get that.

Thanks!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Although, I may be mistaken here I may be thinking H and X pipes.
Think so. But, who knows WTF yer thinkin' most of the time, fishboy

These be catback systems, son.

Lookie here - this pic-a-ma-ture show it ain't got no cats as part of the kit...

http://store.roushperformance.com/im...xhuastSide.pdf

Quick Reply: dude just got an exhaust ticket...roush offroad...cop was a *****...