Retractable Reel LED Work Light

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retractable Reel LED Work Light

Anyone have a retractable reel LED work light? I bought a 30 foot retractable light from Sears and it sucked, it broke the first day because of its poor construction. Now I am looking online for lights and I see they make a 30 LED and 60 LED worklight. Do any of you guys have one of these? Do they work as well as a regular light? Here is a link to one I was looking at

http://www.toolsurge.com/prodView.asp?idproduct=626

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong spot. I'm not sure where else to post it.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:27 PM
I have a 60 led Bayco; but, it's their rechargeable light. No cord. I works great and has stood up to a fair amount of use and abuse. I get about 4-5 hours out of it before it needs to be recharged. Hope this helps.

Old 11-05-2006, 07:21 PM
a rechargable LED light eh? Cool. Is it bright enough for working on the truck? I just want to know if it is comparable to a regular light or not. If not I'll buy a regular light for a quarter of the cost. I have been burned badly by a regular light before though so I am very interested in a LED light

Old 11-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Hozer
a rechargable LED light eh? Cool. Is it bright enough for working on the truck? I just want to know if it is comparable to a regular light or not. If not I'll buy a regular light for a quarter of the cost. I have been burned badly by a regular light before though so I am very interested in a LED light

It's much better than a regular light. I have to light up the whole back end of a 48ft trailer with mine; and, it works well enough to take care of a third of it easily.

There's the flourecent route as well. I don't have one; but, some of the guys from work use them and are very happy. They're a lot cheaper, too. You can probably find one at Sears.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
We sell the Bayco lights mentioned above, in our store.

When I go to see customers and they are interested in a light like that I sell them one of these. They are much better and will take abuse.

http://www.ezred.com/Product_Pages/EZXL3000.htm

If looking for a great flourescent light check these out.

http://www.centraltools.com/lights_bounce.html

Bayco has some great products, but the LED lights are not one of them in my opinion.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by shtrdave

Bayco has some great products, but the LED lights are not one of them in my opinion.
I've got two years behind the 60 led light I've been using daily. I'll buy another. If the one you posted was a 60 led, I would give it a try. It looks nicer. I'll give it that.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:44 PM
I had a customer buy one of the 60 bulb rechargable Bayco, he sent it back. I left him one of the EZ Reds, he owns of them now.

The Bayco doesn't seem to put out as much light, and the switch gave him troubles, he had it for 2 days. Maybe it was just a defective light, after this incident I switched to pushing the other ones, don't make as much cash off of them but happy customers are a huge benefit.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Well I bought this one from Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Bayco-SL-2112-...4?ie=UTF8&s=hi

I got the last one in stock. I got the $25 off sale plus 10% so it worked out to around $110. I'll send it back if I dont like it.

Quick Reply: Retractable Reel LED Work Light