F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion-55/)
-   -   Questions you've always wanted answered? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/258183-questions-youve-always-wanted-answered.html)

Bighersh 10-23-2006 02:36 PM

Questions you've always wanted answered?

Use this thread to ask the questions you've always wanted answered, but did know who to ask..

Once you get past the smart-alec's, you may find the answer to your question... I'll start.

Question: Why did Harrison Ford take over the Tom Clancy character of Jack Ryan in Patriot Games and Clear & Present Danger, when Alec Baldwin was Jack Ryan in The Hunt for Red October. I thought Alec did a good job, why make the switch?

lovetrucks 10-23-2006 03:14 PM

Question:

Why do noses run and feet smell?:D

MRBBQMAN 10-23-2006 03:16 PM

Alec threatened to leave the good ol US of A forever, if he didn't get the roles, and Clancy couldn't pass up that offer?

Monkey-1 10-23-2006 03:38 PM

Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway??

OnBelay 10-23-2006 04:11 PM

If a groundhog and a woodchuck are the same thing. . .

and according to Webster's, they are both a "grizzled, thickset marmot", then how come nobody ever asks the question:

"How much ground could a ground hog hog, if a ground hog could hog ground?"

kobiashi 10-23-2006 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bighersh
Why did Harrison Ford take over . . . when Alec Baldwin was Jack Ryan . . .

It was a money issue (at least that's the public word on it)

Raoul 10-23-2006 04:23 PM

...Once you get past the smart-alec's, you may find the answer to your question... I'll start.

Question: Why did Harrison Ford take over the Tom Clancy character of Jack Ryan in Patriot Games and Clear & Present Danger, when Alec Baldwin was Jack Ryan in The Hunt for Red October. I thought Alec did a good job, why make the switch?

BAM!

...and now Ben Affleck is Jack Ryan?

The Hunt for Red October was filmed and released first. It was a single movie deal. After its success Hollywood wanted to make more. By the time that the movies were being cast, Alec Baldwin already had several other contractual engagements. He was starring in a Broadway play when shooting was to start. He reportedly wanted to be in Patriot Games but couldn't move his schedule around. So Harrison Ford was selected as an as close as possible replacement. Of course, we can speculate that Hollywood also wanted a big name star in the lineup as well. By Hollywood logic, Sean Connery was probably more important as a big name draw for The Hunt for Red October than as an actor in it. The Patriot Games / Clear and Present Danger movie deal was reportedly a three movie contract. Now we see Ben Affleck? Why? No definitive word about any of that. Read Variety.

06STX4x4 10-23-2006 04:25 PM

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

SAJEFFC 10-23-2006 04:30 PM

Use this thread to ask the questions you've always wanted answered, but did know who to ask..

Why oh why can't we get LT to post some pics?? :wave: :devil:

lovetrucks 10-23-2006 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by SAJEFFC

POST....no. SEND...maybe.:D :lol:

KSUWildcat 10-23-2006 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by SAJEFFC

I think that is the one question in the universe that Google can never answer.:lol:

6T6CPE 10-23-2006 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by 06STX4x4
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

In Synchronized Swimming if one drowns do they all drown?

BeyondLimitz 10-23-2006 07:22 PM

Why do people believe in god???? The biggest lie ever told.

:lurk:

Peladu 10-23-2006 07:26 PM

Why is there no specific name for the top of your foot?

GIJoeCam 10-23-2006 07:52 PM

That was my signature line on here for a while. :)

Why do they call them apartments when they're all stuck together?

Why do they call them buildings when they're already done building them. Shouldn't we call 'em builts?