My 23,000 mile report and ramblings. (long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My 23,000 mile report and ramblings. (long)

I got 23.5k miles on my 2006 F150 XLT SuperCab 5.4, 3.73. Of the 23.5k miles, 22.5k miles have been towing miles. Towing a 6x12 enclosed trailer with 2 bikes and gear. Got a new trailer, 7x14 tandem v nose enclosed trailer and now I carry 3 to 4 bikes, 2 to 4 people and gear. Most of the time the over drive is off, except on level and downhill roads. When somebody else is driving, I make sure the overdrive is off. The truck has been perfect, nothing short of perfection. The ride is super smooth and comfortable, and zero problems with the truck. I had a couple recall bits done, and they were done at the 3000 mile oil change/rotate tires service calls.

At 25,000 I will take it in for the 30,000 check. Figure I do it early since all I am doing it towing. Also, I didn't know I had this super finish on this truck. On my way to Virginia International Raceway, going under an overpass, some punks dropped a bucket of rocks on the truck. We were doing about 60 mph. I was in the back sleep. The next day, they told me about it, and after inspecting the truck, cracked windsheild, but no scratches/dents on the truck. It seemed as if the truck gave in, and has some scratch resistant finish, whereas, the windshield couldn't give so it cracked. I can live with that..

Another subject: (cool)

On the 4th July at Summit Point Raceway, doing a trackday in the intermediate class, I crashed hard in Turn 10. Went flying through the air at 100mph + then landing on gravel.. Well, the old man came out ok, thanks to my super tight custom made suit.. But, I totaled my beloved 2003 Honda
RC51. I crashed because I was getting faster, and doing it on track tires, whereas, I should have had race tires. Anyway, I am now on my fully race race prepared bike (2006 Honda CBR600rr), with full race tires, race brakes, tire warmers, the whole 9 yards. On Monday the Aug 14th, I went through turn 10 at Summit Point Raceway like a madman.. (smile)

The new race bike is super cool..

The new 7x14 trailer cool too. The F150 pulls this like they were made for each other. (smile)

And this is me out in front on the 4th of July a couple laps before I crashed..

All in all, I get just as much enjoyment driving my truck and trailer to the race track as I do from being on the racetrack. The F150 is the chhittttttt!!! (big grin)

Old 08-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Talk about a blast from the past!!

Where you been old man!
No internet access?

Hersh

Old 08-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
Talk about a blast from the past!!

Where you been old man!
No internet access?

Hersh
Ha, well you know I am senile and in my last chapter. With that said, I need every little tiny bit of concetration I can muster to handle that bike and get faster. Plus, the place where I been getting my bikes prepared is/was raping me so they hired me part time!! Just the exhaust and rear shock on my race bike cost $2500, haven't even got to the labor and the other parts..

So, that's what I been doing, working to feed my habit!! (smile)
The truck rides good. Everytime I get in it, I call myself a "smart #@!$$#@%@" for picking this thing..

My internet access have been at the race links. I got my race license in two orgs CCS and WERA.. Was supposed to do my first official race on the 13th..But, that got banged. WERA doesn't allow provisional racers in on National Events.. But, I be stepping either on the 27th of this month, or the 8 & 9 of Sept..

Blast from the past!! Ha.. By the way, my hair is completly white, and long!! My buddy told me if I passed one of those mental places, they would swear I belong inside..

Quick Reply: My 23,000 mile report and ramblings. (long)