Question for Xbox 360 owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Xbox 360 owners

I've been looking online at the two versions. The full package with the headset, etc...and the basic/core system. My question is, the full package has a hard drive listed in the contents. Is that hard drive an 'extra' external hard drive that you can move around from system to system and for extra storage? Or is that the only way to save game data such as last checkpoint cleared and so on?

My concern is that I don't want to buy the core system and not be able to save games. I assume I can with the core system but I thought I'd ask to be sure.

Also, I assume the core system can establish a Xbox Live connection but you just can't talk online if you don't have the headset...right? Otherwise Xbox Live works for playing online and downloading...?

Old 08-10-2006, 10:30 AM
No first hand knowledge but check out these comments.

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/12/01/xb...ersus-premium/

Old 08-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah I did a little reading on MS's Xbox site and it looks like you can't even save any games without a memory module or the external hard drive. The old Xbox had an internal hard drive to save games. That kinda sucks...but not a big deal. I'd be better off buying the full package since the hard drive is $99 on it's own. The memory card is less expensive but rather than getting nickle and dime'd...I may as well get the complete package for the $399 and be done with it.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:39 AM
My friend had a 360 and i think he had a maxtor external hard drive hooked up to it. I guess he bought the cheaper package when he got it.

Quick Reply: Question for Xbox 360 owners