Spelling...it is all bad.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spelling...it is all bad.

Is there a hooked on phonics system for spellers. Because I need to take the doctoral degree program. I am horrible at spelling. I mean absolutely just can't spell worth a crud. It's amazing, I have a 3.89 GPA in college right now (going back online) and if it wasn't for spell check I would have flunked the first classes. It's like my brain isn't wired right.

Am I the only future CEO that won't be able to spell. Will all the other CEO's make fun of me behind my back?

Unfortunatley, I am serious about all of this.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Thrill Racing]Is there a hooked on phonics system for spellers. QUOTE]

It was called "Grade School"

Old 03-30-2006, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=Racerchick68]
Originally Posted by Thrill Racing
Is there a hooked on phonics system for spellers. QUOTE]

It was called "Grade School"
Good one RC!!

Old 03-30-2006, 03:42 PM
'I' before 'E' except after 'C'

And don't end a sentence in a preposition..... "aboard, above, across, about, after, against, along, among, around, at, before, behind, below, beneath, beside, beyond, by, down, during, except, for, from, in, into, like, of, off, on, over, past, since, through, throughout, to, toward, under, underneath, until, up, upon, with, within, without...."

Old 03-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Racerchick68
<snip> And don't end a sentence in a preposition..... <snip>"
That reminds me of a friend who is now a former high school english teacher. He once got hammered, broke into a random house thinking it was his own, and passed out on the couch. Little old lady that lived there called the cops and while they were arresting him they found his military ID. So they asked "where are you stationed at?" and he replies with "don't end your sentances in a preposition." Apparently it got ugly really quick.

Should be a new thread.... stupid things you or your friends have actually said to cops.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Racer, that cut deep, real deep!

Old 03-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Racerchick68
...And don't end a sentence in a preposition..... "aboard, above, across, about, after, against, along, among, around, at, before, behind, below, beneath, beside, beyond, by, down, during, except, for, from, in, into, like, of, off, on, over, past, since, through, throughout, to, toward, under, underneath, until, up, upon, with, within, without...."
He hit me with aboard, above the eyes across the head about five times after I fell against sidewalk along the road among the trash laying around at the parking lot. Before I knew it he was beating me behind, below, beneath, beside and beyond all recognition. By the time I went down except for during the actual beating, from which I didn't think I would recover, I was in shock and into like unconsciousness off and on, over the next hour, way past since I couldn't remember anything throughout the rest of the day. I tried to run toward cover under, well, underneath a parked car until he dragged me out and beat up upon me with his knuckles without stopping until I was bleeding within.

(...and that's why you just don't comment on Jamzwayne's parking)

Old 03-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Thrill Racing
Racer, that cut deep, real deep!

I'm sorry! I got nuthin but love!

Old 03-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Raoul
He hit me with aboard, above the eyes across the head about five times after I fell against sidewalk along the road among the trash laying around at the parking lot. Before I knew it he was beating me behind, below, beneath, beside and beyond all recognition. By the time I went down except for during the actual beating, from which I didn't think I would recover, I was in shock and into like unconsciousness off and on, over the next hour, way past since I couldn't remember anything throughout the rest of the day. I tried to run toward cover under, well, underneath a parked car until he dragged me out and beat up upon me with his knuckles without stopping until I was bleeding within.

(...and that's why you just don't comment on Jamzwayne's parking)

now this is my favorite quote...

Quick Reply: Spelling...it is all bad.