Really Bad week

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really Bad week

Where can I start. My brother was arrested at the beginning of the week for assaulting my mom. Two days later my mom calls and says she needs me to send her 3000 dollars for eye surgery or she will be going blind within a month "By what the doctot told her". I get a text message that says " F**K you" that I later traced to a disconnected number that belonged to my younger sister in New York. And she denies it even though I have the number traced and the provider with her name on the satement.(Mom related hate mail??) The hotels internet (what we use to pay bills and transactions) was not working for over two weeks. On Thursday; the hotel room we were staying at broke a hot water line under the sink and flooded our room and the hallway with hot water and steam damaging some appliances and I burned my hand and wrist trying to shut it off. The firefighters used their suits and gloves to shut it off. So we had to pack and move to another room. A big mouth co-worker lied to my partner about something that I supposedly had said, pissing him off and she is nowhere to be found to be confronted because she conveniently works part-time. On Saturday our hotel pool and spa burned down covering my truck with sut on the paint and smoke in the interior that I have not been able to get rid of. Thankfully our clothes and most of our things were o.k. except for the smoke smell. So we had to pack up twice in 3 days. We lost about 200 dollars in food that spoiled when the power went out; and we had to pack very quickly as the fire inspector would only allow us a certain amount of time due to smoke inhalation. The hotel the people were moved to was filled so we had to find another hotel at our expense. My company's emergency number was not working and no one answered, apparently it was no longer valid as I came to find out. Their main number and 1-800 number kept transferring me to a number in Georgia where after a few tries an operator would just hang up on me.(My company is in Texas) I called the hospital that I worked to get the supervisors number and no one answered, I called the main number to the hospital to page the department and no one answered. So I had to drive in to get someones number to contact. I am making the least amount of money I have ever made as a contract employee. I am not getting reimbursed for any of the food lost. I got into an argument a couple of times with a physician who thinks his A** should be kissed and I have not. So Yesterday evening I wrote a letter to the company stating that I would like to cancel the contract because I was very upset and think that what happened was "The straw that broke the camels back" I am working near an indian reservation where the people are rude and don't respect you if you are not Indian. And my wife and I didn't know these people were racist or discriminating. She went to walmart to return some canned food we bought the night before with the receipt and the indian lady told her that it could not be returned. The manager came up and we explained that the hotel had burned and he said " no problem" and even asked the clerk why she didn't want to give us a refund. I could have just left yesterday and been on the road, but I really did not want to burn my bridges with the company and it wasn't the hospitals fault and I did not want to leave them hanging, but my family comes first and after everything that happened I was ready to tell them to "take this job and shove it". When the supervisor at the hospital found out this morning that they are getting a replacement to finish the 5 weeks left on my contract she was upset, because she said "there is nothing the company could have done over the weekend" I see her point. And maybe I did take things too to heart. The company is reimbursing my expenses(but not my losses) and they offered to put me somwhere else quickly. But to be honest I have everything packed and just did not feel like moving anymore specially in this town. I am thankful that my family is o.k. That the majority of our things are safe and that I still have a job. I can see two points of view. One where you say " Sh*t happens... Get over it.. life goes on" and I also think " who do I have to turn to If the company that puts me here cannot be contacted in a emergency?" I just wanted to vent a little. I think people react in different ways to situations and I was just fed up with the town, the way things are done at the job I am at (of which i don't agree) and all the moving back and forth in general. I told my wife first we were flooded out and now we were smoked and burned out . Needless to say I was not waiting around for strike three.What a bad week.

Last edited by TX-FX-4; 02-20-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Yeah, you got it bad alright.

But you're right about your family being ok, and thats really all that matters. I wish you luck and hope everything gets better for you, bro...

Old 02-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Cliffs ?

Old 02-20-2006, 08:01 PM
I read that whole thing and have no idea what's going on.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:22 PM
I am a traveling Technologist that provides contract work nation wide. Many times the places I get sent to either have difficulty keeping personnel because of the way things are or the way they are treated. Sometimes it is because of poor management, poor pay or isolated locations, So I have to be flexible. My wife and 11 month old baby boy travel with me. It can be nice sometimes with sights to see and places to go. Some of the places we have been placed are "sight unseen" from the company and they don't know if the apartment they rented you is a crack house or not or if the hospital wants you to perform duties outside the scope of your contract(which many times they do) Sometimes I get there and everyone stops working saying "you get the big bucks, you do the work" or they give me the left-over shifts that no one wants whenever they feel like it even thought the contract has the times to be worked. Some of it I put up with because that's what the job calls for but other times it's just BS and lazy employees. I need to know that at least the company "Will be there" if I need anything or if something goes wrong, not after the fact. So many things happened this week both with my family, with work, the city, the people, the housing that I just didn't want to keep going another 5 weeks. Granted you can't run away from your problems but I can start by getting rid of what I can change and that's location.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:47 AM
Old 02-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Ever hear of this thing called a Paragraph?

Wow.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:52 AM
can someone give me a summary. You should get that published.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by KiCk *** FX4
can someone give me a summary. You should get that published.
I hear the "Cliffs Notes" will be out next week.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:58 AM
I tried to comment on this one and couldn't. I didn't know where to begin. I had so many questions. Anyway, I hope things work out for you.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Wow, I bet that made for a long week!

Old 02-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Wow, after reading that I dont think I've ever had a bad week. Hope everything works out

Old 02-21-2006, 03:50 PM

Quick Reply: Really Bad week